Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 eclipse and I hear a rattle noise everytime I hit a bump on the outside of the car I check the brakes and the hardware and it's all good. It stops when I hit my brakes but if I hit a bump it rattles and when I make a long turn you here clicking noises from whatever way your turning in the wheel area. Would love to find out what it is any help would be grateful thank you just crazy that it doesn't do it if I have the brakes applied going over bumps

· Registered
2007 gs Spyder 2.4l had scrap 98 Gs Spyder.
6 Posts
I have a 06 eclipse and I hear a rattle noise everytime I hit a bump on the outside of the car I check the brakes and the hardware and it's all good. It stops when I hit my brakes but if I hit a bump it rattles and when I make a long turn you here clicking noises from whatever way your turning in the wheel area. Would love to find out what it is any help would be grateful thank you just crazy that it doesn't do it if I have the brakes applied going over bumps
Check the spare tire and Jack are tightly secured, that nothing fell/ slid down into those compartments in your car.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem that was driving me nuts.It turned out to be my lower control arm bushings at the knuckle were shot. Check bushings especially if you have high miles. YouTube has some great videos that might help.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It ended up being the rear brakes the hardware was missing and was allowing the pads to cling around lol it’s crazy how little things like that can make the worst of noises now I just gotta figure out how to reset this air bag light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts