Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the manual and what I could find here, I've come to the conclusion that either i'm retarded or i'm missing something. But in the process I found it a whole lot easier to just remove the 6 bolts holding it down, push it up as far as it goes. than you can access the lower bolt on the trans bracket, undo the top bolt on the bracket and "poof" the mount is free. No need to remove the center member.

·
Gamer
6,900 Posts
After reading the manual and what I could find here, I've come to the conclusion that either i'm retarded or i'm missing something. But in the process I found it a whole lot easier to just remove the 6 bolts holding it down, push it up as far as it goes. than you can access the lower bolt on the trans bracket, undo the top bolt on the bracket and "poof" the mount is free. No need to remove the center member.
We're you able to remove yours?
And are you 4 cylinder or V6?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 4 Cyl. I was able to free up the bracket and the mount, That way i was able to clean up the bracket and hit it with some paint before reinstalling.

·
Gamer
6,900 Posts
I have the 4 Cyl. I was able to free up the bracket and the mount, That way i was able to clean up the bracket and hit it with some paint before reinstalling.
Gotcha, I'll be doing mine tomorrow, was able too losen the 2 front bolts on the rear mount, but the back too having alittle issue getting loose lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The back 2 were a serious pain, especially on your back. Breaker bar is a life saver. Just make sure to soak them in some PB Blaster.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i replaced the rear one the first time, it took about that long, second time around, it took about the same amount of time, lol. I'll blow that car up before I do it a third time. But it was night and day going from worn stock to new stock, and even more of a difference going from new stock to Poly. Did you get a ton more vibration at idle and low speeds, and a glass like ride at highway speeds?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts