Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mine is acting up again. But its not the smae way this time. Now insted of not working my mirro just goes dark and stays dark even when nothing is behind me. It goes away half way when i turn it off but never fully goes light like it used too.

So looks like im taring into it here soon again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mine is acting up again. But its not the smae way this time. Now insted of not working my mirro just goes dark and stays dark even when nothing is behind me. It goes away half way when i turn it off but never fully goes light like it used too.

So looks like im taring into it here soon again.

Let us know what you find or if you need any help.
And let me know if you want some of the sticky foam. ; )

for the "auto-dim" feature,
Check the metal flaps around the mirror. Along with the 2 wires that are for the dimmer feature.
those wires provide a positive charge (or negative charge, I forget which) to the liquid, to make it turn black.

Also check the pins 1-7 and the ones just behind those. Like where Colten had to solder.
Your "dimmer" button is connected to those as well, so it very well could be the same pins.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I would love to have my mirror fixed. can't stand it when i get in the car and one of the lights is on, but as soon as i shut the door, it turns off and the other turns on, or they don't work all together. I could probably send you my mirror if thats cool, as i do not have the proper tools to do this type of work on my own yet, we just bought a house. PM me when you have a moment, please.

·
2,894 Posts
My rear view mirror broke off the windshield years ago after I put my subwoofer in the car, then my headliner has started to sag
This spring or summer im redoing my dashpad and head liner. Might (if i can come up with the money) redo my seats and replace it with cloth insted of leather

I had a windshield shop use their glue to reglue the mirror to the windshield, they had to get a new metal puck for it because the old one took glass with it

They told me that the windshield was a Safelite and they are junk, and the mirror is one I saw just like it for sale at Walmart, so obviously not OEM

And the headliner is held up in the front with 3 thumb tacks on each side of the light

I have cloth seats and I kinda wanted leather lol, are the leathers power seats or manual?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I had a windshield shop use their glue to reglue the mirror to the windshield, they had to get a new metal puck for it because the old one took glass with it

They told me that the windshield was a Safelite and they are junk, and the mirror is one I saw just like it for sale at Walmart, so obviously not OEM

And the headliner is held up in the front with 3 thumb tacks on each side of the light

I have cloth seats and I kinda wanted leather lol, are the leathers power seats or manual?
My leather is power and heated. I want to keep power and heat just cloth seats i cant stand leather too hot in tge summer too cold in the winter and slick as hell.

·
2,894 Posts
My leather is power and heated. I want to keep power and heat just cloth seats i cant stand leather too hot in tge summer too cold in the winter and slick as hell.

Ah prob can't swap leather seats into my car then because the plugs aren't there for the power seats

You could swap yours for the cloth seats and hook up the seatbelt and airbag plugs and just leave the power seat plug unplugged and use manual seats

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Ry,

Great write up. I was wondering if you could explain a little bit more about the first two images. The screwdriver goes in the space in the mount and you said push up and the clip should come free.

I am sorry I am having a problem visualizing how the clip works on the d mount button.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I know we already have the other thread, but here's a step-by-step "how to" with lots of pics, for those of you who want to fix your rear view mirror/lights on your own. : )

Thanks to member TheMonkeyHouse for sending in his mirror for repair. :yahoo:

1st, get a small flat tip screwdriver that will fit into the little square slot, and push it up to release the clip from windshield.
See here.

While holding the mirror with your other hand, pull it up to release it from the windshield.

Unplug the mirror (push down on the tab and pull.)

now you have the mirror out...

take that small flat tip screwdriver and pop out the light bulb covers by putting the screwdriver in these spots for it.

like this,gently lifting it up.

now its out.

same thing with other side AND pull the light bulbs out.

next, gently separate the plastic housing holding the mirror in place.
Its just glued together, and its plastic, so gently pull it apart here, then the other side.(DO NOT yank it open. you could damage your buttons/mirror)

slowly open it and it should look look like this.

set the back housing aside.

pull the mirror out of the front housing.
Its just sitting there, itll come right out.

now we have the mirror out, BE CAREFULL of these 2 wires.
DO NOT disconnect them or break them. ( there the leads for the "auto dim" feature. NO NEED to mess with them. Were going to just flip the board over.)
For years this has been bugging me (more than10years!). The lights comes on and off when I hit a bump on the road, small or big. Finally, the auto-dim green LED went off and would not come on again! The night glare from behind is so aggravating I finally broken and start looking for a replacement. May it is so bad, I cannot find one that might be a match!
By chance I ran into this post. (I don't remember how.) Following your instructions, I was able to identify the same problem. Doing the repair and all lights are stable now. Will find out if the auto-dim function is operational tonight. No matter what happens, I am just happy that the map lights do not go on and off at will.
Thanks for the post. You make me happy again driving my 2007 Eclipse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a very old post but big thanks to: Ryguy. I followed the method today and it worked. Small hiccups, I dislodged one of the three button.
After connecting the repaired mirrored I was not able to turn the reading lights off even after using the on/off buttons. Disconnected the car battery for few minutes and that resolved the issue.
Everything worked in the end.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts