Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I’m fixing to start a rebuild on my 06 2.4L Eclipse. Not trying to go full send with the performance parts. BUT! I would like some decent parts. Full rebuild kit is what I’m after. Fine with parts from different places. That could take some potential abuse from future upgrades. With being said. What do you recommend?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,789 Posts
Are you looking OEM style, or aftermarket performance components?
If you just planned to run it NA, there isn't really much worth doing. Maybe rods, but even then, tough to say if you'd gain anything running a heavier rod. Stock ones will handle about as much RPM as the sidewalls of the engine block will take without wearing like crazy... The next step is to do pistons, rods, bearings, head studs, main studs, and then be good until 600hp. There isn't much in between.

·
Super Moderator
394 Posts

·
Basically Stock
7,789 Posts
RockAuto.com frequently has OEM style internal parts for the 4G69 engine.

If you don't plan to add a turbo, stick with that. It wouldn't even be bad for you to get a junkyard motor, re-ring it, and plop in some fresh crank and rod bearings, oil pump, water pump, timing kit, and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
394 Posts
RockAuto.com frequently has OEM style internal parts for the 4G69 engine.

If you don't plan to add a turbo, stick with that. It wouldn't even be bad for you to get a junkyard motor, re-ring it, and plop in some fresh crank and rod bearings, oil pump, water pump, timing kit, and call it a day.
This is basically what I’m going to do with the engine I’m going to yank out of the parts car. First motor I’ll be yanking and rebuilding. I’m afraid 😂

·
Basically Stock
7,789 Posts
This is basically what I’m going to do with the engine I’m going to yank out of the parts car. First motor I’ll be yanking and rebuilding. I’m afraid 😂
I just wrote instructions for someone

You know how to reach me if you need help though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts