Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pushed my factory RF amp beyond its limits and smoked it! I want to upgrade to a better amp that will push two factory subs. Keep in mind they are 1ohm dual voice coil subs so I will need an amp with 4 channels capable of handling 1ohm subs or a two channel with 2 ohm capabilities (if I wire the speakers in series). Any ideas? I was looking at the Rockville RXD-F30 and possibly powering the fronts off it as well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would reccomend a 2 channel amp similar to my jbl 600watt its hooked to 2 10 wo subs which are in a similar power range and powers perfectly fine plenty for a simple setup. There are good amps of other types as well. Jl polk many others offer similar ones, even rockford. I would leave along anything that puts more than 300 watts to each channel, some may differ on opinion but I dont want you blowing subs, any more than that on factory subs is a risk my factory sub suround foam ripped on the oem amp so I wouldnt push its limits for expecting long life maybe the new oem ones were better than my 07 just going by what I know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I went with the Rockville RXA-T1. It is 375w/channel and2 channels. I will keep the gain turned down so as to not blow the factory subs. I went with a larger amp so I can upgrade subs later. I will probably wire the front speakers directly to the HU and bypass the factory amp completely.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That sounds like a good rms for them, in our car two subs do make enough noise with the way its open inside, Im happy with my 2-10s ofcourse at times I want more but hey like you said we can always upgrade. I had to buy another amp because my old one uses too much power when I get enough money I plan on using a w7 12 but would probably need new speakers in the car before then For a well rounded sound. Also idk if you ever thought of this but the factory sub has a wire harness thing Ive considered hooking a good speaker to that or something for a good rear center sound

1 - 4 of 4 Posts