Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 GT M/T i swapped the engine and it was running great so i switched off the car to check for leaks under it and accidentally hit the panic button. I immidiatly hit the unlock button and when i tried to start the car again, it will crank but won't start. I think it's the immobilizer. steps i have taken thus far.

1. replaced the ecu with the one from the donor car ( I have the matching keys and ECU's for both cars.)
2. replaced the ignition lock cylinder and the passkey unit with the one from the donor car.
3. reset the ECU
4. replaced the batteries in both of the keys (donor car and new car)
5. swapped out the throttle body

Any help would be greatly appreciated i have already emailed hackish about his fastworks software. i really need my baby back i miss driving her.

·
2,691 Posts
Immobilizer key light on dash on?

Try putting the key in the driver door and turning it to the unlock position to disable the immobilizer

·
2,691 Posts
Why did you swap ECU's, ignition cylinders, keys, or any computer modules from one car to the other if you were just doing an engine swap...?

What you're doing sounds kind of fishy to be honest, to do an engine swap you should've literally just unplugged the battery and then replaced just the engine and left all of the computer modules and keys with their original cars, then when you hook the battery back up the computer will have lost it's learned data like knock and fuel trim learnings from the old engine and you would've been good to go but you've created a mess now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i swapped everything after it started the no start issue....i was looking at stuff on the internet and they were saying that it could be been the key itselft so i swapped everthing around...I don't know how any of this stuff sounds fishy....I originally left the ecu and everything in place and it was starting no problem then after i hit the panic button on the fob it quit starting and i haven't been able to get the car to start again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have tried the key in the driver door and unlocking the door with the key...i have also tried hitting the panic button again and then unlocking the door and hitting the panic button and starting the car with the key. I have everthing labeled so i don't get they keys and everything mixed up.

·
2,691 Posts
Get a full system scan tool on the car's to scan codes from all of the computer modules including the immobilizer module, an Autel DiagLink DIY can be had on Amazon for about $100 that can do all the modules on this car

It just sounds fishy when people start asking how to defeat and mess with immobilizer systems

Get a full system scan tool on the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the title to both cars, i'm just trying to not give the stealership any money they got me hard enough for the timing belt 200.00 for the timing belt and i called them today and they want 125 just to look at the car.
Then another 125 if they have to reprogram the key. On top of that they didn't know which ECU i should bring up there to have to get reprogrammed. I know the ECU is Vin coded. i have an obd 2 reader but it only gives live data and reads the codes.....there aren't any codes by the way. This is my first 4g I have had 10 2g Eclipses and can work on those in the dark but this one has me thrown for a loop.

·
2,691 Posts
i have the title to both cars, i'm just trying to not give the stealership any money they got me hard enough for the timing belt 200.00 for the timing belt and i called them today and they want 125 just to look at the car.
Then another 125 if they have to reprogram the key. On top of that they didn't know which ECU i should bring up there to have to get reprogrammed. I know the ECU is Vin coded. i have an obd 2 reader but it only gives live data and reads the codes.....there aren't any codes by the way. This is my first 4g I have had 10 2g Eclipses and can work on those in the dark but this one has me thrown for a loop.
Once again, a generic OBD2 reader that does generic engine codes and generic live data won't do shit, you saying it has "no codes" just after looking at a generic obd2 reader just means there are no generic engine codes stored in the PCM/ECU, there are about 10 other computer modules in your car that you can't read the codes with unless you have a full system scan tool, so while the other ~10 modules may have tons of codes stored in them, you won't be able to see any of it with a generic OBD2 reader, you need a full system scan tool that talks to the car as if it was the factory scan tool, the Mitsubishi MUTIII, one of those modules being the immobilizer module, another being the ETACS/Body Control Module, which may be very helpful in your situation, look through my posts, I have many explaining this topic in great detail

Just off the top of my head, the modules that can store codes that aren't available to be interfaced with at all via a generic code reader and must be read with a full system scan tool are:
Transmission Module (auto trans)
ABS
SRS
A/C
ETACS
Immobilizer
Combination Meter
Sunroof
Cruise Control

With a generic code reader, you can only see and clear engine codes, the rest are hidden from you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking at getting the new full scan reader. I guess my next question is where is the immobilizer located.

·
2,691 Posts
Behind driver side kick panel under the steering wheel on the left side wall I believe, by the ETACS module, the Factory Service Manual is on Tearstone for this car for free I highly recommend u download it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts