Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't really sure where this was supposed to go, so i posted it here

I am looking to replace the lift supports on my Eclipse with something that gives a little more push and well "support". I intend to have a rear wing installed after i get her repainted as well so i would like something to not only support the stock trunk lid, but also any additional weight that might be put on the trunk lid. i don't need so much force that i knock myself out when i hit the trunk release, but something that will lift the lid on under its own power.

Any ideas?

i am also looking for a lift support kit to use for my hood as well if anyone has any suggestions on those. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
749 Posts
+1 on stock here's the part numbers 5802A185 and 5802A186. One is left the other is right.

Hood struts the only ones that I found to work were the redlines. No idea if they still make them or not. But you'll have to look around if not look for some universal ones and make them fit.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok will go for the stock trunk lifts.

as for a hood support kit, don't they make kits for show cars or something that might fit? not sure of any brand names or manufacturers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts