Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Eclipse GS is in the shop (noise coming from transmission) and finding out the hard way that there are virtually no used or remanufactured manual transmissions available for this model year. Because Mitsubishi for whatever perverted reasons intentionally omits compatibility information for the 4G series, what model years are compatible for my 2009 in replacing a manual transmission? The shop is also reluctant to break into the transmission on the perception that replacement of internal parts might be an issue. So again, the question is, are there internal rebuild kits available? I find it difficult to comprehend that I may have to junk my 2009 Eclipse on the mere fact that replacing, or repair of this transmission is next to impossible. Any suggestions or advise are certainly welcomed.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,416 Posts
2006-2012 Eclipse GS (2.4) is the ONLY 100% exact trans.

However, many others will be workable such as from a 2.4L Galant, Lancer Ralliart 2.4, 3G Eclipse GS, Evo 7/8/9 (yes, the AWD), and I'm sure there's a handful of Dodge out there with trans that'll work, but I'm not a Dodge guy

Here's a reman trans if you're manual

Manual rebuild parts can be sourced from the dealership, maybe some autoparts stores can still get the aftermarket kits as well.

Auto rebuild kit:

Auto reman, have it built at a local trans shop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts