Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with having the Eclipse Spyder and spring coming around the corner I plan to install my SXV300v1, however after looking at the antenna that comes with it and the antenna that is on the trunk it doesn't look like can just take the old one off and mount the new one without either

A: crappy install of the new one with using some sort of waterseal glue to protect the trunk

B: break the box for the antenna and wire it.

Then I came across which I believe could work, but I wanted to get other people's opinions if they have tried it before I do.

Idatalink has a Sat1 connector that pretty much takes the end of the factory antenna and connects it straight to the SXV300v1 receiver and then run that to your new system.

If anyone has any photos of the connector end of the antenna into the sirius receiver that is in the car already that would be great, and the location, which I think is passenger side rear behind the seat belt location near the speaker.

Thanks,
Drew

here is the link

iDatalink - Maestro - SAT1

·
2,690 Posts
Honestly I can’t speak from experience as I don’t have a Spyder and my car didn’t have satellite radio, but I’ve heard of people installing aftermarket radios in GM cars and were able to either plug the old antenna right into the SVX300 or get an adapter to make it work that way you can keep the original antenna factory mounted and don’t have to worry about having to install a new one or anything like that, I can’t look at my own car because it doesn’t have it, but you’ll need to find out where the factory Sirius tuner is in the spider and find where the antenna connects to it and show us the plug, I think on the coupe’s with Sirius, the factory tuner it behind the panel where the rear right speaker is beside the back seat, not sure about Spyder tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts