Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Finally got around to running codes on the car. No CEL so no codes for it. I cleared all my codes and did a hard pull, and when I got into mivec range tcl came on. Ran full system can and I got the following:

ABS/ASC/ASTC/WSS - 1 DTC (U1120)
TCL-Traction Control Module - 1 DTC (U1120)

descriptions are: ENGINE (can message), CAN-C Bus circuit low, and EV ECU (can message)

any light you can shine?

Ive replaced the filthy air filter, replaced the oem MAF sensor, can’t immediately find any other chewed wires besides the knock sensor which will be here Tuesday.

that red wire I have running along the front looks oem and it’s for the headlight harness, not sure why it’s routed the way it is just above to top of the radiator.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’ll add to my troubleshooting.
My tcl light would stay on until the ecu had a chance to reset, or if I reset an electrical connection prior to what I’ve done today.
The maf sensor was a little dusty but otherwise solid. Replaced anyway since I bought it.
The throttle body took about 5-6 rounds of spray before it was clean. Each wipe was filthy until the last 2.
Now it takes a bit longer before the tcl light comes on, and it resets after each startup. So, drive, wot, tcl off comes on. I run in the store, come back, turn car on, no light until I get ignorant again.

that’s almost leading me in the direction of wheel speed sensors if logic is telling me correctly.

car bone stock atm. I’ve got a CAI and coilovers on the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ll add to my troubleshooting.
My tcl light would stay on until the ecu had a chance to reset, or if I reset an electrical connection prior to what I’ve done today.
The maf sensor was a little dusty but otherwise solid. Replaced anyway since I bought it.
The throttle body took about 5-6 rounds of spray before it was clean. Each wipe was filthy until the last 2.
Now it takes a bit longer before the tcl light comes on, and it resets after each startup. So, drive, wot, tcl off comes on. I run in the store, come back, turn car on, no light until I get ignorant again.

that’s almost leading me in the direction of wheel speed sensors if logic is telling me correctly.

car bone stock atm. I’ve got a CAI and coilovers on the way.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts
Wheel speed sensors throw their own code when they have an illogical response.

U1120 for a 4G eclipse is "Failure information on ECM or PCM". The cause is no output to the "ABS/TCL-ECU , Combination meter, A/C-ECU" from the ECU/PCM (manual vs auto, and combination meter is the instrument cluster on the dash). The diagnostic test step 1 is check the bus line connections and wiring for damage. Previous owner may have cut a bus line in the CAN. If all the wiring checks out, step 2 is to replace the faulty module.

Here's the section of the service manual on the CAN network

Page 87 in the chassis section better refers to troubleshooting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wheel speed sensors throw their own code when they have an illogical response.

U1120 for a 4G eclipse is "Failure information on ECM or PCM". The cause is no output to the "ABS/TCL-ECU , Combination meter, A/C-ECU" from the ECU/PCM (manual vs auto, and combination meter is the instrument cluster on the dash). The diagnostic test step 1 is check the bus line connections and wiring for damage. Previous owner may have cut a bus line in the CAN. If all the wiring checks out, step 2 is to replace the faulty module.

Here's the section of the service manual on the CAN network

Page 87 in the chassis section better refers to troubleshooting
Beautiful! I saw about 2 or 3 other forum posts with a reply linking the tearstone manual and none of them worked. Yours do! I’ll check that out sir. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

wasn’t too bad. Rear took maybe 30 min - 1 hr. Front took the longest due to having to adjust height.

ride quality is excellent, stance is perfect. Now I just need some 18’s and she’s all set lol.

also got the Injen cai installed and a custom exhaust put on. Love every upgrade and it makes me love the car like it was day one all over again with each upgrade.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts