Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive decided that my current rotors are damaged some how so I need to get some new ones. I know slotted/Drilled can be a meme but there is actual research to show a slight increase in brake performance so I am going to get Slotted at least but not drilled only.

Ive found what I think is a good deal but IDK anything about the brand (C Quence)and the offer a Street and Performance Tier, yet I dont know what the difference is other than Street is cross drilled and Performance is series dimpled. With the performance I can get slotted only which is what I was leaning towards because I know drilled can crack under heat. Also the finish offer is Gold and Black, I read that the gold finish wears off really fast. Any input? I may go with black if its coated better and would thwart rust.

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Street Series Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors | Cquence.net

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Performance Series Dimpled Slotted Brake Rotors | Cquence.net

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,397 Posts
I like slotted not drilled. Much better for a car you plan to daily, unless you are willing to spend the extra cash without seeing much performance gain in most applications with lesser lifespan. The lifespan and cracking stems from stories of a friend of a friend, however. Never seen it

I run with slotted rotors, and they are much nicer than the flat faced under high stress. There is less brake fade, but they make a bit more noise. Not noticeable unless you listen for it.

I just have a high quality stainless steel on mine, sorry I don't have the actual brand (came in a brembo box at the store, which confuses me. Ex girlfriend ordered them in saying they were the "best ones", got no other details) that don't rust. They keep clean. I'd imagine any finish on them would wear off, and if it were to wear in an uneven way (where the pads touch) it would look pretty odd (strips of silver with black around it)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well sometimes I drive under track conditions on the streets so I dont want spider cracks on the holes. I am a 1st responder so I randomly get to run high speeds on the road with flashy lights and a siren.

I am going to go ahead and order these I guess. woo.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ill post this here for you if your interested. I haven't seen any of us 4g guys talk about these rotors. I am currently running them and its been just about a year. I am a spirited driver and tap the brakes every so often but I firmly believe in down shifting to slow down If I ever do. I don't race my car on the track so I can not vouch for how well they hold up on hard constant braking, never the less, I love them and they have done me good so far. Just my $0.02

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-DRILLED-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-AND-8-CERAMIC-PADS-Eclipse-2006-2012-/302096234944?fits=Year%3A2006%7CMake%3AMitsubishi%7CModel%3AEclipse&hash=item465656b9c0:g:IJsAAOSw-0xYlQF0&vxp=mtr

·
Financial Wizard
2,287 Posts
I can say I've run various cars on the track for over ten years and I've never personally seen a drilled rotor crack on my car or another car. I'm sure you could find all kinds of accounts on google images though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a lot of corvettes cracking...so I thought. Meh. Also I think the slotted offered the advantage not drilled if I remember the case study correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts