Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently started noticing my RPM shudder maybe a month ago when i was running freeway speeds(85mph) and came to a redlight i stopped and noticed the RPMs dropped to 300-400 and shuddered as if it was failing to keep idle, after the shudder it went to normal idle at 600, no lights or anything. Today i was going to check my spark plugs and i took out cylinder #1's spark plug (closest to passenger side) and noticed oil on the ignition coil which alarmed me, i believe it's the valve cover gasket which needs replaced, there was also an alarming amount of oil on the plug itself, when i pulled the plug i inspected it to see it was covered. i tried to put it back in but the rubber boot on the end of the spark plug got stuck in my socket but the spark plug itself was still in the vehicle, i finally dislodged the rubber and put it back on the spark plug, then dropped it on the bench :pat::pat: i put it back in and turned it to what i thought was the appropriate amount of torque, i reconnected the battery which i had done before any of this and took it for a ride, rather long and fast. When i pulled back into my driveway i pulled onto a kinda sloping part of it and put it in park, it dropped to 400 like usual then drop all the way down to maybe 100 or 200 and the little red oil light flashed for half a second. I'm planning on replacing the gaskets and spark plugs this weekend but is this something to be concerned with?:scratch:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you:sweat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts