Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I plan on trying to update this as I go. I'll keep my list of mods and most recent pic here at the top. Lots of pics!

Interior

20% tinted front windows.
5% tinted rear windows.

Exterior

Ralliart Paint Matched Eyelids.
Debadged.
Matte Black Plasti Dip pillars, hatch and wheels.
Blue tinted fog lights.

Engine and Exhaust (future)

Fujati CAI.
Headers.

Suspension, Wheels, Tires and Brakes

D2 Racing Coilovers.
XXR 527 18x8.75 20mm offset front.
XXR 527 18x9.75 20mm offset rear.
245 45 18 tires all around.
Silver Wheel Lock Tuner Lugs.

In Car Entertainment

Pioneer Touchscreen DVD Player.
Blue Beat Matching LED Lights.
2 12" Polk DXi Subwoofers.
Pioneer 1500 Watt amp.

Miscellaneous

Tender love and care. Frequent cleanings. :D

All that aside, here's my ride.

Enjoy :bigthumb:

How she sits currently.

Here are pics from the day I brought her home :D

First thing was a debadge. Some pics in the snow:

A couple Edits

Next I tinted the tails using some good ol' VHT Nightshades. Didn't turn out as good as I wanted but ehhh, it looks alright.

After some 2000 grit wet sanding and some wax.

Another little "photoshoot" with my Wide angle lens for my phone.

and an edit.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Why the larger offset on the smaller rim?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the larger offset on the smaller rim?
I'm hoping that will get me closer to flush in the front. I didn't want to much poke in the front and I was scared of that with the 9.75" wide rim. this offset will get me just about a half inch closer in than in the rear, which should be about right for the front.

Can somebody who knows a little better please correct me if I'm wrong?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sounds like it could get you that flush look. If it doesn't. You could always get spacers.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you search around a lot of members run 9.75 in the front and rear and even 10" and it looks awesome. As long as you like it

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like it could get you that flush look. If it doesn't. You could always get spacers.
That is what I was thinking. If I get a higher offset I can always put in a spacer to make up for the gap. On the other hand, if I went with the lower offset I would be SOL if I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Very true!

·
I daily drive this bitch
243 Posts
Ordered wheels from Next Level Motoring, coils from JMAutoRacing, and eyelids from AutoCityImports.
Did NLM have the wheels in stock? I know I was looking at getting some XXR's and when I asked at discount tire the guy called XXR and said that all the wheels are on backorder for all sizes and colors...however that may have only been for the XXR 527's...So I was just wondering if you knew whether or not NLM had these wheels in stock?

·
Not Quite OG
1,063 Posts
I hate that 4gb's get dual exhaust factory... It's such crap.

End jealous rant.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did NLM have the wheels in stock? I know I was looking at getting some XXR's and when I asked at discount tire the guy called XXR and said that all the wheels are on backorder for all sizes and colors...however that may have only been for the XXR 527's...So I was just wondering if you knew whether or not NLM had these wheels in stock?

As far as I know they are in stock, I'll definitely double check but there weren't any flags that the wheels were on backorder. I even used the coupon code and got $40 off the entire order. I cant recall what it was right off the top of my head and its not much but at least its something.

Sweet picks! Love that yellow!

Thanks! I was sort of sceptical about the yellow but I'm trying to embrace it haha. It really is an eye catcher.

I hate that 4gb's get dual exhaust factory... It's such crap.

End jealous rant.
Haha well from what I know it really isn't much of a difference aside from the cosmetics. Just makes any exhaust upgrades that much more difficult.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I just talked to Next Level Motoring because the 2 8.75's I ordered actually were on backorder. Just changed the order to get 2 18x8.75 +20 instead. They say it should be here by Friday.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts