Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I killed an scion tc a 07 mustang v6 convertible and cadillac cts all which I thought would be somewhat closer to my gs but wasn't. However I'm suppose to go against an frs and we had a little moment at a red light and I gotta say the tourqe on them things is horrible for having 200hp so now he wanna try a roll race how should I fair?
Oh also my friend has an 07 tiburon gt he talks a big game but I'm pretty sure I'll beat him too. What do you guys think?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
Boxer engines by nature have fairly steep and narrow powerbands. It makes them quite slow when you only look at peak power numbers.

Tiburon are light, he's got a fair chance to win. Plus I believe that V6 makes a fair bit of horsepower across the rev range instead of just being peaky.

·
2,690 Posts
They bought their designs off Mitsubishi at least for the powertrain
That doesn’t mean the rest of the car is garbage, or the quality even if they had the engine designs
Now that they abandoned the Mitsubishi stuff entirely, they’re completely garbage

Their cheaper Kia cousin is even worse
Look at all those recalls, mostly for catching on fire, direct injection…

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boxer engines by nature have fairly steep and narrow powerbands. It makes them quite slow when you only look at peak power numbers.

Tiburon are light, he's got a fair chance to win. Plus I believe that V6 makes a fair bit of horsepower across the rev range instead of just being peaky.
Noted and with the tibbyyyy he always dodging me 🤣we both raced a 09 charger sxt high output and I raped it and the tibby seem to struggle except from a dig. However he never wanna run it especially from a dig so idk

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
Gotta love "high output" being just over 200hp on a 3.5L lol.

From a dig is his best chance, if his tires allow for it.

And yeah, I know Hyundai can still make garbage and ruin the designs through poor craftsmanship. My point didn't go any deeper than face value.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotta love "high output" being just over 200hp on a 3.5L lol.

From a dig is his best chance, if his tires allow for it.

And yeah, I know Hyundai can still make garbage and ruin the designs through poor craftsmanship. My point didn't go any deeper than face value.
right LOL if the tires allowed for because don't get me wrong the newer chargers they're still shit if they're v6 but at least they're a lot and I mean a lot quicker than the older v6 models.

·
2,690 Posts
right LOL if the tires allowed for because don't get me wrong the newer chargers they're still shit if they're v6 but at least they're a lot and I mean a lot quicker than the older v6 models.
All FCA vehicles are shit
All Kia’s are shit
All Hyundai’s are shit

Those manufacturers are on my Do Not Buy list

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd rock a Genesis Coupe. Stock suspension sucks, and engine quality control is low.

But it has all the ingredients I care about, and I can pick one up with a popped motor and good body for $1000
This is true 🤣🤣I like it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts