Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone tried ramming their screwdriver in my door keyhole... I guess in an attempt to break into my car or vandalism... Both windows have been busted out and replaced with a mismatched tint... So it should be clear to would be thieves that I've learned my lesson by now and don't leave anything of value in my car... Or I just look like a sucker. Anyways I can't fit my key inside now... Which isn't exactly terrible since I have the key fob. But what if the battery dies on the car or keyfob and I need to get into the car?

I searched and lots of people want to replace the door lock actuator. I don't think I need the actuator actually needs to be replaced.

Has anyone replaced their keyhole? Is it difficult? I don't know what its called... lock tumbler? The junk yard I frequent has two Mitsubishi eclipses in stock... One without any door windows. I don't know if they have the keys to the cars.

...---...
:(

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

oneletter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may need to check with a locksmith unless you want mismatched keys. It's possible they can repair or replace just the lock cylinder, and you install what the locksmith gives you.

Pull out your broken one and give it to one to check out
Thank you... Door Lock cylinder. I don't exactly mind having a mismatched key for the door.

How difficult are they to replace? I'm guessing not exactly easy. It looks like its got to *pop* into place. So getting one out might be difficult.

I found one on ebay... But I might try the junk yard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry this is happening to you! You can replace the lock cylinder by itself (I think that's what you want). You'll have to remove the door panel to get to it! The cylinder is about $12.00 dollars each, on eBay. You'll want to look in the Group 42 - Body manual. I was trying to upload it for you; but, it won't let me upload any files - just pics.!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts