Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS's Slate Interior

This is the only thing thats custom in my car so far, and that's the slate color leather interior:)

Attachments

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Graphic Is Finished!!!

This is the graphic I was waiting for, Bill made it for me, and he is totally awesome!! :kiss: I know the pics are blurry, we just finished it late this evening, but I was so anxious to get some feedback so we just ran out, found some light, and snapped the pics before the camera died! Ill be sure to post new and much clear-er pics tomorrow when its daylight, so you all can see the full image-- I love it!! Here it is...

Reactions: Sexynerd34

·
Registered
114 Posts
That looks very nice. I wouldnt mind getting that for my car.

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next mod...lower that car!!!

Funny you should say that, we were actually talking about that when we were looking at the pics. How much does that usually cost? I dont know much about lowering, I just know its pretty simple. Thanks for the compliments everyone! And yes, the idea came from the SE GT!! Those graphics are sweet, I knew they were what I wanted after first seeing them! Just customized it a little:)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Cost heavily depends on if you and the fiance can do it yourself or if you are going to have someone else do it.

Coilovers are badass, I have Megan's and they are awesome. Totally adjustable ride height and dampening. But yeah, they cost more, a lot more up front, actually. You can get them for around 900, probably 850 if you sweet talk a vendor, like I did. :ninja:

Springs work great too, but they are a little harder to install. Not THAT much harder, but a little more dangerous. Much cheaper though. 100-250ish in price, install would probably cost a little more, but only by 100-200 bucks, tops.

I did my coilovers myself with my friend and his dad. Was like 30-45 minutes per corner + lots of breaks and BSing. My ride quality is awesome, and my weight is adjustable for winter, which is really important being in MN.

Depends on your budget, a lot of people (including me), will say if you can afford coilovers, get them, but if you can't afford or just don't want to spend that much money, get the springs.

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,223 Posts
well lowering a car is as expensive as you want to go... my TEIN Springs where 120 i think:confused: from a guy on the forum... Kevolution got some through him as well... there are also brands like Progress-Works-Eibach... the ones im talking about are just lowering springs... there not the best wa to go there just cheaper... it allows ur stock system to stay the same while you lower the car inches... but u can see where this could go wrong...

Another thing XFactor touched on is that with Springs you have have to rent... a coil compressor (at Autozone-or where ever) to compress the stock coils off and to put the new ones on...

Now alot of shops have nom... or hidro... coil compressors- MUCH SAFER but the problem is you have to take ur car to a shop to get it done... Hassle and ur getting charged alot for a simple job... the item you rent from a Auto Parts store is alittle dangerous... you have to be smart about it... what it does is... you bolt the top and the bottom of the coil and tighten a screw and it sqeezes the coil to allow you to either take it off or put it on... now when i was 16... my first attempt... i had one of the bolts break lose and it desided to stop by my FACE b4 it made its home across the garage... im not trying to scare you out of it is just something to watchout for... oh and i was ok... i souled my pants but i was fine...

and they also have these... but don't work as well... atleast for me they didn't

and then they sell Coilovers... two types...

ok the 1st on i think is the BEST way... you just cant go tooooo low... it will affect your drive axles... but this will cost you in the range of 1,600-2,500 for these... but like the ones shown above... all of it's faults the Coilover fixes(4 the most part)...

ok now these I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMEND!!!! i just wanted to show u them so you didn't get them by accident...
Now you don't really know me so... im just some dude that happens to be a member on a forum... but don't do it... these where created for those that could afford the two options above and are a bad idea for D.Drivers... the coil you see is a 1/8th as big as your stock one... it has that metal threaded ring on the bottom to allow yo to adjust the height up or down (it a bitch to do anywayz)... but they ride horribly and r dangerous

I hope i helped...

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome information JRod- Thanks a lot! XFactor- thanks for the tips. Him and I will probably do them ourselves, hes well experienced with cars, and Im not, but everyone has to learn somewhere. Im on the forum so I can learn from all of you guys and hopefully help others out. And so I can surprise my man with my knowledge of cars and he thinks Im smart! LOL Thanks for all the info everyone

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not too sure, my brain is fried today so Im trying to process all the info you gave me. I know Im going to have to go with something no more than 300, and even that is a lot at this point in time. I would just hate to put the money out now on something not too good when I could save it and put it towards the better ones later. Im only thinking about lowering it an inch, maybe inch and a half? Idk much about it or how low I would want to go, that was going to be my next question. I only have the 4cyl and Im not looking too much on a performance level because I cant afford anything to make my car any faster yet, maybe some intake but otherwise I dont think anything else. (Does intake pump up your horsepower at all? I heard it does by about 30 horses??) But again, the "play" funds are low, and Idk what I would want to do first.

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,223 Posts
Not too sure, my brain is fried today so Im trying to process all the info you gave me. I know Im going to have to go with something no more than 300, and even that is a lot at this point in time. I would just hate to put the money out now on something not too good when I could save it and put it towards the better ones later. Im only thinking about lowering it an inch, maybe inch and a half? Idk much about it or how low I would want to go, that was going to be my next question. I only have the 4cyl and Im not looking too much on a performance level because I cant afford anything to make my car any faster yet, maybe some intake but otherwise I dont think anything else. (Does intake pump up your horsepower at all? I heard it does by about 30 horses??) But again, the "play" funds are low, and Idk what I would want to do first.
ok no offense... i know alot of guys have GS and dump tons of money on them... it is kind of well... a waste unless you turbo it a great deal... and intake will give you a feeling of more power... and it will put out 5 wheel hp... exhaust will do the same unless you get a catback which with the intake will give you guess-ta-mation... 25hp... but the stock exhaust really isn't that bad... the muffler is but not the a or b pipes...

the headers r a big difference but ur looking at $600

i would make it look good... which ur doing...

and make feel better to drive if "I" were u... which im not but the GS is extremely heavy and under powered for its class...

the GT is still heavy but atleast it has more power with a soild V6... I would do like i siad and if ur still wanting to make it run 1 or two years down the road... there might be a bolt on POWERHOUSE that involves a whole make over under the hood... but by then u"ll like the car u got i bet...

·
4G SEXY EDITION
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clearer Pics From Today

So I might be going a bit overkill on this, but I have some new pictures that I took today, and yes, you will all be seeing even MORE pictures (if you wish to check them out) at the begining of this coming week when my spoiler is installed. With these pics youre able to get a better look:)

1 - 20 of 194 Posts