Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the old issues of ECUFlash sticking the ECU on these cars into a "locked" state with it being stuck in some read only mode has been fixed now?

My car has a Hackish tune on it now, but I was wondering if ECUFlash still requires MMCFlash as a companion? And does anybody have the XML definitions for ECUFlash for the 2006 GS?

Thanks so much guys, I'd be happy to have conversations about tuning and flashing these cars with anybody

·
Registered
728 Posts
I got your PM sorry I am not on here much. ECUFLASH has fixed the issues they had in the past. I hav been getting quite a few requests to tune the 4G again so it appears we are back in the game. With the fastworks I wont start another poop show but you will have to flash your car back to stock. Unless there has been a change all you need to do is take the original file you extracted and flash that and you are stock again. Then you can use your tractix cable to read the file.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got your PM sorry I am not on here much. ECUFLASH has fixed the issues they had in the past. I hav been getting quite a few requests to tune the 4G again so it appears we are back in the game. With the fastworks I wont start another poop show but you will have to flash your car back to stock. Unless there has been a change all you need to do is take the original file you extracted and flash that and you are stock again. Then you can use your tractix cable to read the file.
That’s great and thanks so much for your info and help, I also sent you another pm before I saw this, but for ECUFlash on the GS Auto, what mode do you use in ECUFlash, the 768k Colt or CAN mode or.. what?
Thanks so much

Can’t read out the fastworks tune with ECUFlash then? I believe I have the stock tune “recovery” as fastworks calls it, but I had a little trouble during the fastworks install as my pc lost internet in my driveway and the install had to be redone and wouldn’t even work properly for a while until Hackish did some stuff to my account, and I’m not sure if the stock file was properly uploaded or not

·
Registered
728 Posts
ECUFlash, the 768k Colt or CAN mode or.. what?
You just need to make sure the file size and you are using the correct module. For a AT 768K and depending on the year either mitsucan or bootloader. Then pice the right module before saving. I can help you when you giver a go.

Can’t read out the fastworks tune with ECUFlash then?
Never tried (dont care to) sure yo know why...LOL. I think/hope he me recovery easier. ECUFLASH is pretty simple to recover.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok only problem is that there is no 2006 GS Auto xml in my ECUFlash folder, but there is for 06 GT’s, and 07 GS auto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts