Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into putting a whole new system in my ride. Right now I have the rockford fosgate system from mitsu, but i want to put bigger subs. I was Thinking of putting 2 JL 12"W7 and get a custom box for it, amps I'm not sure how much power I would need, and I would probably need some tweeters. Tell me what you guys think, any suggestions?

·
Registered
378 Posts
:woot: 12W7, thats alot of noise, it takes a min of 750W to push one W7, so already you need 1500W, now the JL 12W7 need alot of air space, so you can already say goodbye to your trunk space, i suggest you run 2 1000/1 Amps 1 for each sub, and a 300/4 for your mids and highs, or you can run 3 500/1 amps for your subs its up to you, but the main thing is to do enough research to find out how much air space you needs for your subs, the last thing you want to do is bottom out....:sweat:

·
Registered
378 Posts
the only way to go is to make a custom box, im a big JL fan, i have a DUB7 myself, one is enough for me, especially in a hatchback, more power to you if you want two, trust me you'll be pushing a whole lot of air, when i crank my system up the people next to me feel as if they have a sub in there own car, its that powerfull, i could only emagine what 2 would do..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
HaHa thats exactly why I want to put 2 in my trunk, I was thinking I can maybe sink them into the trunk a little bit, if its possible.

·
Registered
378 Posts
you wont be dissapointed with the DUB7 series, as far as mids and highs go, i had Focal mids&highs they were great, but just the name itself cost more than their performence, i paid 1,200 for them.ouch. they went away w/ my 3G:sad:, but luckily JL are coming out with the new C5 series and they top of the line for only 500-600, w/ the crossovers included, but after that i recommend the infinity mids&highs, great quality and they range around $300, but the mids and highs are highly recommended, that way your able to hear your music and not just the BASS!!!!!

·
"Yayo"
3,633 Posts
Check out the Alpine Type X, if you're looking at subs with that kind of potential. I'm an avid Alpine fan, they've never let me down. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked out the Alpine X today its not bad, but I love the sound of JL

·
Droganto
2,703 Posts
What I did on mine I kept evertyhing the same I ust replaced the Sub. But Im using 2 10" Rockford 250W and 1 450W Amp. For me I think it sounds good. At least for my test, I don't need to share my music with anybody else on the road, just enhoy it inside my car.

·
"Yayo"
3,633 Posts
Yeah, during HS and all I was all into the loud bass etc. I constantly set off car alarms with my Alpine Type R 12's in my 3g Eclipse. Since I sold the car I haven't bothered upgrading the RF system - only thing I'd like is a direct iPod jack and maybe a LITTLE more base.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Here's what i have. i used two JL 12w3v3 subs with a JL 1000/1 amp. I had someone sit in the car with me and they said their hair was moving every time the bass hit! also i used JL audio components throughout for mids and highs. im using an alpine headunit...oh yes, its the shit

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's what i have. i used two JL 12w3v3 subs with a JL 1000/1 amp. I had someone sit in the car with me and they said their hair was moving every time the bass hit! also i used JL audio components throughout for mids and highs. im using an alpine headunit...oh yes, its the shit

Ya thats why i love JL becuase you can hear it coming from blocks away hahah...and ya apline headunit...not to bad.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I did on mine I kept evertyhing the same I ust replaced the Sub. But Im using 2 10" Rockford 250W and 1 450W Amp. For me I think it sounds good. At least for my test, I don't need to share my music with anybody else on the road, just enhoy it inside my car.

Did you get those put in a custom box? or did you have the sun and sound package, and then add an extra sub and an amp?

·
Droganto
2,703 Posts
I still have the Sound Pacakge, the only thing I did was disconnected the Stock Sub, made a Box and installed the 2 Subs. Everything else is stock, Radio and speakers and even the stock amp.

I just worked on the back of the car.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still have the Sound Pacakge, the only thing I did was disconnected the Stock Sub, made a Box and installed the 2 Subs. Everything else is stock, Radio and speakers and even the stock amp.

I just worked on the back of the car.

ohh ok thats actually a really good idea. Cheaper too.

·
Droganto
2,703 Posts
ohh ok thats actually a really good idea. Cheaper too.
YEs I did my homework before doing it. I even called Rockford Directly and asked some questions, cause I want to keep everything Rock. Was very simple.

Just took the sound from the left side of the back speaker to the Rockford Amp (450w), disconnected the stock sub, made the box, 2 speakers, setup cables and everything and done. left everything else intact. Like I said it sound good for my taste. Even Russ at one point asked if my car was the one doing the Boom! when we were all togehter at All Florida Meet.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YEs I did my homework before doing it. I even called Rockford Directly and asked some questions, cause I want to keep everything Rock. Was very simple.

Just took the sound from the left side of the back speaker to the Rockford Amp (450w), disconnected the stock sub, made the box, 2 speakers, setup cables and everything and done. left everything else intact. Like I said it sound good for my taste. Even Russ at one point asked if my car was the one doing the Boom! when we were all togehter at All Florida Meet.

Well Ya 2 10" subs is going to hit pretty hard.....can you post some pics of what it looks like...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts