Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what size LED bulbs I need that will correctly fit in the Spec-D Headlight assembly for Hi/Lo Beams.

If that helps /\

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts
6000 lumens per side isn't anything laughable. A halogen is 1500-2500 typically.

6500k on the other hand, that's gonna hurt visibility. 5000k is white. You bought blue tinted. They'll give poorer contrast. So while they still blind everyone else, you still won't see, especially on a wet road. Plenty of people do it. But my experience living in the country is that 3500-5000k is the range to have

And another note: Halogen have a colour rating index of about 95%. Most LEDs are 80%, HID are 60-70%. CRI determines how accurate the light spectrum matches to sunlight, and is what our eyes rely on to make out details. There really is a difference between expensive LEDs and cheap ones. Even if the good ones aren't as many lumens, odds are you'll still see more. I also wouldn't consider the ones I bought to be all that good

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
6000 lumens per side isn't anything laughable. A halogen is 1500-2500 typically.

6500k on the other hand, that's gonna hurt visibility. 5000k is white. You bought blue tinted. They'll give poorer contrast. So while they still blind everyone else, you still won't see, especially on a wet road. Plenty of people do it. But my experience living in the country is that 3500-5000k is the range to have

And another note: Halogen have a colour rating index of about 95%. Most LEDs are 80%, HID are 60-70%. CRI determines how accurate the light spectrum matches to sunlight, and is what our eyes rely on to make out details. There really is a difference between expensive LEDs and cheap ones. Even if the good ones aren't as many lumens, odds are you'll still see more. I also wouldn't consider the ones I bought to be all that good
Thanks Saberooth! I'll go with your recommended bulbs! Im just replacing Lo beam right now - did you do all 4 bulbs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts