Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the spec d halo headlights. They look nice but I wanna switch the color from the halos to purple (and make them brigher) and I wanna switch the main headlight bulb to a white led. I don't know much about headlighs since these are the first aftermaket housings I use. Any idea on where to get the right bulbs and how to replace them?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have replaced the stupid halogens with LEDs in both the low and high beams. Also did the DRL delete which is great. I wish I could find my pictures of the electrical work, but it may be lost forever.

Basically, the holes are H1s and I wired a spade terminal quick release system, and wired on quick release spade terminals on the led bulbs, so I can swap them out easier. I can't remember all the technical work, but I made some electrical diagrams on how to use the SpecD harness as the q/r system. The mounting of the H1s are terrible as it's a spring load, but I managed to press them down tight enough. Also, since I used high power led, they get hot and have fans, so I got new enviro covers, chopped them in half and sealed them to the lip.

Yeah, super bummed that I never made that post or can't find it. It took me maybe two months of work to figure it out, but I checked twice and installed once without problems.

These are the 12000lumen LEDs I used. They aren't available anymore though. Best 30$ ever spent though. Bought two sets so 60$. Other H1 LEDs should be able to be stripped and wired into a q/r system pretty easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts