Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a weird twist, our stage 1 of opening up for Eclipse ECU tunes will be stage 2 tunes!

I'm looking to start with those most in need, running headers and no cats without a tune. GS and GT are welcome to come play

https://www.speedfarmgarage.com/shop/4g-eclipse/5

Art Font Pattern Automotive design Space

· Registered
253 Posts
Thank god, Can't wait :D:D:D

Reactions: asw197794

· resident crossplatformer
1,499 Posts
umm, big question as I'm kind of waxed into a corner, can I get a tune for my Galant when the time comes? even though it doesn't use the same ECU, but should use similar tuned maps as a 6g75 MIVEC motor is going in

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm, big question as I'm kind of waxed into a corner, can I get a tune for my Galant when the time comes? even though it doesn't use the same ECU, but should use similar tuned maps as a 6g75 MIVEC motor is going in
It's been done before. Definitions may have to be made if it's an ECU that hasn't been done, but it should be doable. Similar idea with the dual ECU 3000GT guys. I'd like to support builds like them

· resident crossplatformer
1,499 Posts
It's been done before. Definitions may have to be made if it's an ECU that hasn't been done, but it should be doable. Similar idea with the dual ECU 3000GT guys. I'd like to support builds like them
fantastic, the guy who was going to do the tune for me has pretty much left the chat when it comes to ECU tuning, this is a further discussion we probably will have later this year if not spring next year as the existing maps will be a starting point, seeing as the engine I will be using will be entirely custom with an overbore, higher compression, RPW stage 2 cams, ported heads, big injectors, race gas and a trick with the EGR system to actuate the MIVEC solenoid. Worst case, I'll get a piggyback, I'm in a weird grey area emissions wise where I can go with headers as I have a single catalytic converter (only was a thing for 1999 Galants and 1997-99 Diamantes to my knowledge), but the last time I tried reflashing the ECU, the flash tool wouldn't see the ECU

god save me if there is rust in a bore of my short block or on a connecting rod

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So with all those changes, I won't be able to give a finished tune. You're going to want a pyrometer, and to do that on a dyno. I wouldn't want to melt your exhaust valves or cat. But I can get it set up running, and you'll have software that any dyno tuner can use to finish it

Piggyback will offer less control than the Fastworks software. They don't have much fueling control. It's why they're not popular on these ECU anymore -- lots of problems

· Registered
677 Posts
Lawdy lawdy Sabertooth THANK YOU! You are a life saver for so many! You have my props for sure, and everyone on here should be giving you a HUGE thank you. Tuning has been the dead-end for the this platform for a long time. I got my ECU/MMC reflash many years ago from Wolverine and count myself lucky to have gotten reflashed before those with the software/resources turned to other endeavors. I have been wondering if/when Fastworks would be allowed to be used by someone like yourself. If it didn't I could almost guarantee this community would essentially die out in short order.

I am not in need of tuning at this moment as my reflash works very well, and my car is parked over winter. But, I have wanted to adjust a couple things over the years but we as a community have not had any options to do so for quite some time. In the future I may look into switching/starting with Fastworks through you if I get the gumption to get back into tuning my GT.

Again, THANK YOU!!!👏👏👏

Reactions: asw197794

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lawdy lawdy Sabertooth THANK YOU! You are a life saver for so many! You have my props for sure, and everyone on here should be giving you a HUGE thank you. Tuning has been the dead-end for the this platform for a long time. I got my ECU/MMC reflash many years ago from Wolverine and count myself lucky to have gotten reflashed before those with the software/resources turned to other endeavors. I have been wondering if/when Fastworks would be allowed to be used by someone like yourself. If it didn't I could almost guarantee this community would essentially die out in short order.

I am not in need of tuning at this moment as my reflash works very well, and my car is parked over winter. But, I have wanted to adjust a couple things over the years but we as a community have not had any options to do so for quite some time. In the future I may look into switching/starting with Fastworks through you if I get the gumption to get back into tuning my GT.

Again, THANK YOU!!!👏👏👏
You're welcome, thank you for the praise.

So far, things have been going very well, and everyone has been happy with the results.

· Basically Stock
8,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Huge news! Have been running RRE headers, catless exhaust, and CAI for a long time without a tune. Major props to you sabertooth
Thanks. When you're ready, we can get started on tuning it so you get the full gains from those mods, and added fuel economy (should gain as much from the tune as everything else so far, it's about a 30hp gain on a bolt on GT)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts