Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prototyping is finished, production Speed Farm 2006-2012 Eclipse Strut Tower Bars are available!

The bars have been test fit on a 2011 Eclipse GS with the factory resonator/engine cover intact. GT fitment is still yet to be tested, so GT guys please be patient. Fit testing should happen tomorrow evening.

Price is 180usd.

For those who wish to paint them in their own finish, or leave them as bare steel, price is 160usd. Local pick-up is free, shipping is available.

Hood Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Looks great! Though I predict I will be purchasing unpainted. How much would you say is shipping to Alberta?

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Someone was coming by last night, but was unfortunately unable to make it. If anyone is near Strathroy Ontario and has a GT I can test on, I would appreciate it
By the way I know your bar blows the Tanabe out of the water, but how would it compare to like the Cusco?

·
Basically Stock
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
By the way I know your bar blows the Tanabe out of the water, but how would it compare to like the Cusco?
The Cusco is also aluminum on a hinge. Beyond that, mine doesn't flatten out for show like the others do, including Cusco. That makes it a much more rigid design by weight.

I also have someone with a GT who is ordering a bar. He showed me pictures, and it seems like it'll have about an inch of clearance on the GT

Also, I weighed it. Stock bar, 1400 grams. Mine, 1600 grams. Not even a half pound more. It adds less weight than the sand in the carpet after a day at the beach.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
I also have someone with a GT who is ordering a bar. He showed me pictures, and it seems like it'll have about an inch of clearance on the GT
You're saying it's also fitted for the GT then? That's great. Of course, when I buy I will be paying in CAD, so how much should I prepare to send? Also how do you like it, Paypal?

·
Basically Stock
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's still going to test it, but there's a strong belief supported by good evidence that it'll fit.

For Canadians, yes I'll do CAD. I can do PayPal or e transfer. When it's time to buy, I'll get a shipping rate figured out (57 cad was to Pennsylvania with full insured coverage). Just PM me when you're ready. I'll update here though with how the bar fitment went

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Is it true that you are making another model that connects to the bolts in the middle that the Stock GT bar uses?

·
Basically Stock
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it true that you are making another model that connects to the bolts in the middle that the Stock GT bar uses?
I'd like to make a heavy duty one that ties into the OEM strut tower bar mounts, strut studs, and the GT center mount.

It would be a full cradle design. I also want to get a rear K brace going. Between the 2, the chassis would be quite rigid.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
I'd like to make a heavy duty one that ties into the OEM strut tower bar mounts, strut studs, and the GT center mount.

It would be a full cradle design. I also want to get a rear K brace going. Between the 2, the chassis would be quite rigid.
Do you have any idea when the cradle one may be in production? Makes me want to wait for it instead of this one, but depends how long. I assume that one would also be higher in price?

·
Basically Stock
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have any idea when the cradle one may be in production? Makes me want to wait for it instead of this one, but depends how long. I assume that one would also be higher in price?
Ill need to figure out some fitment stuff before I even attempt, but yes, it'll be quite a bit more expensive. I don't expect to sell many of them. It'll take about 3-4x longer to make, using more than double the material. Cradles like that usually go in the 400-600usd area. Before I could give a price, I'd need to make one though, of course, hahaha

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Ill need to figure out some fitment stuff before I even attempt, but yes, it'll be quite a bit more expensive. I don't expect to sell many of them. It'll take about 3-4x longer to make, using more than double the material. Cradles like that usually go in the 400-600usd area. Before I could give a price, I'd need to make one though, of course, hahaha
On second thought, I may just opt for your new bar. Just waiting for you to confirm GT fitment! Where should I expect the update to be?

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
130 Posts
Shipping estimate is the 28th now. The customer is a guy who gets back to me pretty quickly, so I'd expect to see an answer the 28th/29th
By the way, the bar shouldn't have fitment conflict with any aftermarket CAIs for whatever reason, right?

·
Basically Stock
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any progress on getting your bar fit for the gt now that you had got some measurements?
Im shooting for this weekend to redo the tooling so that the height gets changed properly. It's a small change of 1.93mm that was needed, with new measurements I was given. I'll still shoot to raise it 5mm however. It should be doable with only minor changes. Then I'll make all the bars GS and GT compatible.

·
Registered
2008 Eclipse GT
124 Posts
My purchase of this strut tower bar arrived today from Sabertooth. As good as his word. I'm off next week, so I'll try to convince my neighbour to let me use his heated garage so I can install it and get a few pics for you guys and girls.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts