Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time no post, I know. I just moved to Colorado and am still in temp housing waiting for approval on my rental. Anyhow, on to the pics.

When I bought her

My "Show Only" Phase

During this phase I attended four shows and had two 2nd place finishes and one Best Mitsubishi finish. The last show did not even have a category for eclipses to compete. It was a sham.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mods are:

Exterior: Blacked out, 18" Enkei LF-10 Rims, Nexen Tires, Alex's RA Eyelids, Powerslot Slotted Rotors, Red Stuff Brake pads, SS Brake lines (waiting hook up)

Interior: Replacing all painted "show" plastics with stock plastic, Well Bilt Kustoms Harness Bar, G-Force Harnesses

Suspension: Tanabe Strut Tower Bar, Progress Rear Sway Bar, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers

Engine: RRE Header, RRE Camshaft, RRE Pulley, Fujita SRI, AEM UEGO gauge (waiting hook up), AEM FI/C with Brian J. Harness (waiting hook up), Magnaflow 2.5" cat-back.

A lot in store for the future. I would like to start tracking the car. Going to put stock sideskirts back on while I put the interior back to stock. Will probably go with Ripp's SDS down the road. I'm really enjoying the N/A feel right now. The RRE parts in the engine really pull hard and make the 4 banger feel more alive. Can't wait to get the AEM parts hooked up and start tuning the car. Overall I love every part I have on the car right now. The exhaust sounds awesome with the engine mods. It's nice and deep when I step on it and isn't raspy and ricer sounding at any speed of RPMs. As things progress I'll post more pics and keep you all updated.

Hopefully I'll be on more since I'm in Colorado now. It'll still be slow until we get moved into our new house and get things set up. Can't wait to get caught up on how the last month and a half have been for you all.

·
Gots me a sooby
5,908 Posts
I approve the last few pics :D. Good job buddy!

·
Scrape Artist
7,354 Posts
badass!! wht type of rear bumper is that though??? looks good! some type of diffuser.. but where'd you get it? BTW im jacking your stock intake / SRI intake combo... i like it!

·
Scrape Artist
7,354 Posts
what? i didnt know it looked like that!! lmao and i almost bought that kit too without even seeing the rear very clearly...

LOOKS GOOD MAN!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
How much dod it cost you to make that harness bar? Do you have any issues with the harnesses goings through the stock seats? (like having the harness straps too close, rubbin your neck, etc?)

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought the harness bar from an old member who has a shop make them in Cali. I used a dremel to cut a slit out of the honey comb part of the seat. No issues with the harnesses rubbing. I only use them for track purposes. I use the OEM seatbelts for daily driving. If you are interested in buying the bar, PM me your email and I"ll get it to the guy you need to talk to.

·
The Dark Side
2,033 Posts
Jack did make a mean mod (harness bar). Dude before, not so much. The after is WOW man so clean and nice. Just a question for ya, have u noticed stiffened ride with the bar or mainly just to hold the straps?

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't really taken it too aggressivly around corners yet, but from what I have done I can tell it has stiffened things up. There is a race track about 40 miles from where I live in CO and hopefully I'll get some track times with it come spring.

I know I called it my "Show Only" stage, but it was really my ricer stage. I"m glad to be done with it and moved on to a more performance oriented goal. I'm also thinking of hooking up with an Evo IX MR or WRX within a year or so. WRX's have really come down in price for used ones, but the EVO's are still pricey. I would like to keep it all in the Mitsu Family though.

·
What Drives You?
9,409 Posts
Great thread man! :) Looks pretty good. And it's great that you've kept records of what you did to your car when you did. And where it rests now. Once upon a time I had a wish list too... and almost four years after the fact and I'm still not anywhere close to where I thought I'd be.

Glad to see someone's been there and back! :)

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
what exactly is the UEGO?

·
What Drives You?
9,409 Posts
^ Wideband O2 sensor, for use in tandem with meters to gauge A/F ratio.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.