Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have read different posts about CAI and SRI in that blog and have tried the solution which can combine pros of both types. The idea is to modified OEM Airbox to locate round K&N Filter in it. I know that K&N already provides us with filter that may be located in Airbox, but round filter has more advantages in air flow. So the solution is to cut pipe from rear cover, buy silicon interconnect 70-76 mm , K&N RE-0930 76mm, and 76 mm plastic/aluminum pipe to connect filter with silicon pipe. I can't mention that car gains some hp, but feels like it does. Maybe try the dyno some time.

The pictures are attached below.
Have a nice day.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive design

Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive fuel system Auto part

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a stock intake with a cone filter essentially? Probably slightly better flow, but that small increase in flow is probably negligible because the big hole in the back of the box that is going to suck in some hot air. Really cool idea, and I respect the hard work, but it probably didn't give you any benefit, maybe even lost some power due to possible increased intake temp. Find a way to seal that up and get a tune and you may gain 0-2hp out of that.
The first time I tried this idea and get bigger hole in the most right part of the box. Wanna try this idea one more time because with fully closed box there is no perfect intake sound and after car stops I have tried with hand the temp in it was the most cold part. I would like to try it one more time with closed rear and opened left side of the front box part. Because it fills like fully closed box is bigger restriction
Reflex camera Camera lens Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera

1 - 2 of 2 Posts