Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this about a month ago. After driving for about 5 minutes my stability control turns off and can’t be turned back on. Also if I try to set my cruise control, nothing happens. I can turn cruise control on, but it doesn’t set.

The only thing I can think of is that it didn’t happen before I installed some specD tuning halo led tail lights. I did that months ago, but I didn’t realize the problem until recently, probably because I only use cruise control for long trips (more than an hour on the highway) and I hadn’t taken a long trip since before the installation. However I don’t remember when the asc light started turning on.

I work at a dealership and when they tested it they thought it could be the break light sensor so they replaced it but the problem persisted. I then took itto a Mitsubishi dealer and they said the problem is the ECU and that I have to replace it to fix the issues. That part costs almost $1,000 and there are only 5 in America. I’m not buying that just so I can have cruise control and stability control, but they would be nice to have back. Any thoughts?

·
2,690 Posts
The aftermarket tail lights don’t have the correct resistance load on the brake light wiring that the PCM is looking for in order to sense when the brake light circuit is completed in order to be used as a cancel command for the cruise control system

not a bad ECU, dealership is lost

you need the proper load resistors in line with those tail lights or go back to OEM lights

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The aftermarket tail lights don’t have the correct resistance load on the brake light wiring that the PCM is looking for in order to sense when the brake light circuit is completed in order to be used as a cancel command for the cruise control system

not a bad ECU, dealership is lost

you need the proper load resistors in line with those tail lights or go back to OEM lights
Thank you! I knew the ECU couldn’t be the problem. Would you happen to know the correct load resistor for the SpecD led tail lights?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts