Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I am new to this forum. Just bought a used 2009 Eclipse GS for my son as his first car...got a great deal, and he loves it! My apologies in advance if this question has been asked/answered/beaten to death, but I have done searches on both the forum and Google in general and have seen mixed responses.

When starting, there is a noise during the cranking and right after it starts. Wait a second, and the noise goes away and the car runs great. Kind of like the starter isn't disengaging right away.

I have seen answers ranging from..."they just do that and you must live with it"...to "you need to replace the engine". I saw one post here describing the same issue, but the poster has a manual transmission, and the discussion went into topics like the flywheel and clutch.

Has anyone had experience with this on an auto transmission...or know of a definitive answer, before I start replacing parts? Again, I seen countless questions asked, but no real direction on where to start. If it is common, and simply a bad starter, I can deal with that; but I've seen other threads about changing the starter, and the problem remaining.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello...I am new to this forum. Just bought a used 2009 Eclipse GS for my son as his first car...got a great deal, and he loves it! My apologies in advance if this question has been asked/answered/beaten to death, but I have done searches on both the forum and Google in general and have seen mixed responses.

When starting, there is a noise during the cranking and right after it starts. Wait a second, and the noise goes away and the car runs great. Kind of like the starter isn't disengaging right away.

I have seen answers ranging from..."they just do that and you must live with it"...to "you need to replace the engine". I saw one post here describing the same issue, but the poster has a manual transmission, and the discussion went into topics like the flywheel and clutch.

Has anyone had experience with this on an auto transmission...or know of a definitive answer, before I start replacing parts? Again, I seen countless questions asked, but no real direction on where to start. If it is common, and simply a bad starter, I can deal with that; but I've seen other threads about changing the starter, and the problem remaining.

Thank you very much!
I know you posted this a while back but I also have the same thing in mine and would love to hear an answer back on what may have been the issue. Have a nice 06 GS and sounds way nice as long as it doesn't make that small chirp noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts