Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Starting out

772 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Heuscules 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a 4g eclipse, 06 GT with about 120k miles on it. I got it pretty cheap (2500 canadian) but it came with a few problems. For one there is a leak in the gas tank. I'll try to get someone to patch it up. My question is what kind of maintenance should I look into starting out? I've searched the forum and it seems like I should replace the timing belt. Anything else? Cheers!

#5 ·
The timing belt is a must if it has not neen done. Do everything while your in there (water pump, idler pullies, tensioner, etc) and not just the belt. You can buy a kit but most use Chinese parts. I bought each component seperate and made sure they were made in Japan.

Personally if it was my car I would do all fluids, filters, belts and hoses. These are all easy to do, reletively cheap, and go a long way. Spark plugs, test the battery and clean the connections, and scan for codes are other items that should be done that are cheap, easy, and effective.

All this is just under the hood stuff. We could chat all day if we bring up the whole car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.