Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a Crank no start issue but everything is a okay (I've checked everything.) I've tried Starter fluid but I couldn't get the throttle body to open up so I basically sprayed it in the air tube, behind the air sensor so as not to mess with that. I held down the gas pedal but to no avail I don't think the throttle body even opened up. Is there another way I could inject the starter fluid into the system?

·
Registered
286 Posts
So, I have a Crank no start issue but everything is a okay (I've checked everything.) I've tried Starter fluid but I couldn't get the throttle body to open up so I basically sprayed it in the air tube, behind the air sensor so as not to mess with that. I held down the gas pedal but to no avail I don't think the throttle body even opened up. Is there another way I could inject the starter fluid into the system?

PCV hose?the one from valve cover to Intake manifold ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is the fuel pump definitely running when you turn the key on? Are the spark plugs definitely firing? Spark, fuel, compression...in that order.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,173 Posts
If the tension is bad on the timing belt, it could slip and cause bad things to happen. Wouldn't hurt to check timing. All you need to do is pull the upper cover(s), and check the timing marks on the accessory belt drive pulley, and cam gear(s) then you can eliminate that as an option

What all tests have you done? Because spraying in quick start doesn't really sound like a good idea, nor something that should ever be required

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure the entire intake system is back together! If air isn’t passin through that sensor the car won’t start. I replaced the valves on mine awhile back and thought I’d give her a start before doingthenlast little bit and then got frustrated when it wouldn’t start and sat there for another 3 weeks tryin to figure it out when it was simply the face that I didn’t finish putting the intake system together. Hopefully it’s something stupid like that for u as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts