Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,
A few days I got my 4g GT MT reflashed by Stayer!
Overall, for $300, it is well worth the price. The amount of VALUE you get for $300 is awesome. Keep in mind that $300 does NOT include the cost for a tactrix cable ($169+shipping)...or a laptop if you don't have one. But even with factoring in the cost of the cable it is still a great value.

Now a few people have said there is a Night and Day difference with this reflash. While I do agree there is a noticeable performance I feel like it's more of a Night and Mid Afternoon difference if you know what I mean. Night and Day would probably be throwing a supercharger at the motor and getting it dyno tuned.

With Stayer's map the low to mid range power definitely increased and the throttle response is even better than what it was before. When I say power increased I don't mean in the way where some people might think a CAI or new muffler added a few extra HP/TQ based on what little information (if any) their butt dyno is giving them. With this reflash you can literally feel the car pick up better and get going quicker. The dip in low end power from messing with the exhaust and adding a CAI is all but gone now. Like Stayer has mentioned in previous posts, this reflash is great for normal every day town/city driving. It's also supposed to increase MPG but I haven't been able to measure this.....but who cares, the car is quicker!! lol my wife noticed for sure. The look on her face....priceless :hahano:
Stayer mentioned that high end power stays the same but I feel as though it improved slightly. Could just be my ever so trustworthy butt dyno talking but overall the car moves out better than before.

Speed governor is pushed way beyond the car's limits and rev limiter is set to 7200rpm. Revving the motor in neutral and hitting that limiter sounds f*cking AWESOME! I've only done it once but the sounds it makes are absolute sex.

One thing I've noticed is whenever I shift really quick past redline (6500rpm) there seems to be some sort of rev hang while the car still picks up some speed with the gas pressed down. It just takes a little more time for the tach to match up to the gear it's in as if the front tires are trying to gain traction. But that's only when I try to shift beyond the point of where the original rev limiter was. I'll see what Stayer thinks about this but other than that this reflash is solid. And this honestly doesn't get in the way of anything else. Shifting anywhere else is completely normal. Shifting right at redline is normal as well.

Is this better than Hackish's reflash? I don't know since I've never gone his route. I chose Stayer after reading every single thread on both tuners and seeing what other people were saying while thinking about the ease of installation. I also factored in the costs of each one.
This does NOT mean I won't be working with Hackish in the future. He also has such great reviews on this site from people working with him and would love to see his work in person some day. For right now though, my personal choice is Stayer.

Stayer...the guy is really nice and the entire process was very smooth even if he has to use google translator from russian to english. Very professional and I feel like I've made a friend in the process. Seriously. We had some small conversations about where we live, elections, upcoming projects, families, etc. Good stuff.

Oh...by the way...he mentioned (hopefully) in about 2-3 weeks the guy in chile with the upgraded camshafts will be installing them soon so we'll see what kind of results they'll make with another tune from Stayer! Definitely more high end power :fever: :fever:
Also, can you imagine what kind of sorcery Hackish can conjure up if you datalog in fastworks with Stayer's camshafts installed and send it back to Hackish? HOLY SHIIIIT! Yes, I'm thinking of one day combining each other's works and expertise into one holy union. I can only hope for now though.

So with that being said, is anyone parting out their 4g GT? I need to buy some camshafts and rockers to send to russia :biggrin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So about that Rev Hang I mentioned before.
Took the car out to have some fun in mexico tonight with some other peeps.
While doing so I somehow realized I was really just shifting way to quickly for the engine and ecu to figure out where it was supposed to be. Slowed the shifting process down some and boy did it make a difference. Now I can shift at 7.0k - 7.2k rpm with no problem and it is pretty damn awesome. :) so stoked.

Tonight's kill list...
350z (Headers, Intake)
Fiesta ST (unknown mods)
Fusion (i know, lol)

All from rolls. Still need to practice launching. I also found out that our 5th gear (GT Manual) kicks ass. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts