Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna say no. The temperature differences are huge. But stock does get colder air than a short ram

Plus you can get a higher surface area with a cone filter than the sheets used.

You also remove the resonator from the intake, and have smoother flow
Smoother flow but also louder correct?

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the title for you to what you wanted

And yes, removing the resonator does make it louder. You could do that to the stock intake (block it off) and you'd be louder too. It has been done
Thanks for that..I'm actually trying to keep the decibels down to the minimum. I'm trying not to attract any law enforcement to me that would give them a reason(stupid one at that) to stop me. San Antonio's police are cracking down on "racers" in our city. It sux for me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
A intake will increase the flow to the engine but may effect low end power while increase mid range. Least thats what mine did. I made my own from a honda intake. Only real benefit ive gotten from it would be noise after 3 k and easy to clean filter vs buying replacements. All in all its a simple mod that would get more power with a good tune

·
Basically Stock
5,827 Posts
A intake will increase the flow to the engine but may effect low end power while increase mid range. Least thats what mine did. I made my own from a honda intake. Only real benefit ive gotten from it would be noise after 3 k and easy to clean filter vs buying replacements. All in all its a simple mod that would get more power with a good tune
Mine added to my fuel economy. Is yours getting colder or hotter air?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate your input

·
Registered
403 Posts
It made my engine run smoother, least I think, no proven mpg it mainly chirps the tires not really spinning lol so i wouldnt say its much of a power gain. Mpg is about the same I daily around 100 miles a day so if I fill up once to twice a week its not too bad id guess im at about 24 ish per gallon also depends if I leave the car running while waiting on food, my girl. Often times I idle for 20 plus min at a time waiting that doesnt help lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It made my engine run smoother, least I think, no proven mpg it mainly chirps the tires not really spinning lol so i wouldnt say its much of a power gain. Mpg is about the same I daily around 100 miles a day so if I fill up once to twice a week its not too bad id guess im at about 24 ish per gallon also depends if I leave the car running while waiting on food, my girl. Often times I idle for 20 plus min at a time waiting that doesnt help lol
Cool man

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just figured Id try give you another reason why it can be worth it for maintanance point of view, and it is a good first mod, Im too informative at times mostly cause I like to talk alot haha

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just figured Id try give you another reason why it can be worth it for maintanance point of view, and it is a good first mod, Im too informative at times mostly cause I like to talk alot haha
Cool beans man
Gonna mod mine to look like this...maybe..I'll try

1 - 19 of 19 Posts