Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,535 Posts
I’d go with a gutted header, glass pack in place of the 3rd cat, stock resonator, then some kind of sporty muffler (a magnaflow type, not a bazooka Civic rice cannon) if it were for racing off-road use

·
2,535 Posts
Yes I'd recommend keeping the 3rd cat on the car
Elimination of the header cats can be justified because if they actually clog, overheat, and break up, they can actually get sucked back into the engine and cause serious engine damage
A car going into the junkyard prematurely for no reason is also pollution when it could have been prevented
But keep the 3rd cat on for a regular street car, most cars only have 1 anyway, our little 4cyl having 3 was a little ridiculous

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendations, I don’t know what I will go with now , I might just do a muffler delete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I'd recommend keeping the 3rd cat on the car
Elimination of the header cats can be justified because if they actually clog, overheat, and break up, they can actually get sucked back into the engine and cause serious engine damage
A car going into the junkyard prematurely for no reason is also pollution when it could have been prevented
But keep the 3rd cat on for a regular street car, most cars only have 1 anyway, our little 4cyl having 3 was a little ridiculous
How do I get rid of and replace the header cats. And where can I get the pipes for that

·
2,535 Posts
How do I get rid of and replace the header cats. And where can I get the pipes for that
Take the O2 sensors out, take the header off, get a crowbar and an air compressor to blow the chunks out, reinstall with new gaskets

off road use only

·
F.N.G.
110 Posts
"Then I might just replace it with a sport muffler or something Bc I really just don’t have a lot of money "

How much is not a lot of money? To do your exhaust justice you should get a decent aftermarket cat back exhaust. That'll run you at least $200 but probably closer to $250.
Didn't you just get some covid relief? (aka. car part fundage).

Here's a great vendor I've bought several bolt on upgrades from... be careful if you resort to ebay parts due to money.

All their stuff has fit great and the Magnaflow exhaust sounds mean as hell (at least the V6 version does).

Is there something wrong with your current exhaust? What about your headers, are your cats throwing check engine codes or are you just fishing for some upgrades?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts