Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting in a double din radio/dvd player in my car earlier tonight but after I hooked all the wires up and turned it on the radio didn't come on at all. I know I hooked all the wires up correctly and don't know why it isn't coming on. Also the aftermarket dash I bought won't fit the double din radio properly. Are there more than one with different dimensions I can buy or what? Any help would be great!

·
4,111 Posts
Look in our audio are, you will find more informations there.Audio & Lighting - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority

First, anytime you are working under the dash, seats, and so many other areas on this car, disconnect the battery!!! There are many SRS sensors on this car, disconnecting the wrong one can/will deploy the airbag/s causing damage, injury, or death. At the very lease you can setup off a SRS light, and it only cost $100 to have it reset at the dealership. They are the only people who can reset this code because of federal laws.

Not all audio equipment is compatible to replace our Fosgate system. And even with the proper replacement equipment there is a cable you need that goes to the amp in order for things to work properly. So do a little digging in the audio area and read the stickies, good information in those stickies!! Audio & Lighting - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
oops, sorry.

Check the fuses. Some aftermarket stereos have fuses on the back of the unit,or on one of wires comeing out of the back of the stereo.

Then check the fuses in the car.

Sounds like a popped fuse...

You may see the ecomm error in your dash/clock display... if so, you need the Mito-01... or you can deal with the error message if it dosent bother you....

Double check your ground wires too.

As for the stereo trim, I think theres only the 2 types...Schoshe and Metra... but there both the same ID i think... You just have to cut the middle divider for a double din on one of them...
They both have other pieces that help make it fit snug, did you add them yet, or not?

Also, your stereo should come with a little trim piece too...

What stereo did you get?

Did you hook up your ebrake wire to the ebrake, or to a ground? (bypassing the ebrake)
Most DVD double dins, have a ebrake wire, that keeps the screen OFF, when the ebrake is not on...
(for safety)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off thank you to everyone that replied, but my friend looked at it with me and he noticed that the ground wire on the harness wasn't there anymore for some reason. But I have a new problem if anyone would like to help. My running light for the rear passenger isn't coming on for some reason, but the brake and turn signal lights still work. Anyone know what could cause this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts