Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cmturner 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so far I have loved my eclipse and have had no big problems with it other then replacing the radiator.

I don't know how to word this but I'm fairly new into cars and have a basic understanding of everything but some things I wouldn't even know where to look and paranoid about going to a mechanic because of how easy it would be to rip me off(because I wouldn't know if he is ripping me off).

But to get to the point I had my muffler removed and a pipe welded in its place and a chrome tip added and it sounded amazing, not to loud but definitely not quiet. I had this done last summer and had no problems with it but recently I went out to lunch and it was fine and when I got back to my car after school I noticed it sounded a LOT quieter, I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me but then my friend who was behind me (also into cars) called me asking if I did anything to the exhaust and saying it definitely sounded quieter to him too.

Would you guys by chance know any way to fix this? its been a couple days since and its still noticeably quiet, which people say isn't a bad thing but I loved how my car sounded before and want it to sound like that again.

I appreciate it guys ty<3

See less See more
#6 ·
Did you bottom out recently? It's a one in a million shot, but if you dented the pipe somewhere along it's length, it's possible the sound could be bouncing off that dent inside the pipe and cancelling out some of the sound.

Again, one in a million chance, but that's how mufflers work, so, it's possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.