Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 eclipse gs with a factory sunroof. I am in need of some track assembly parts the dealership said that I had to buy the whole frame and everything. For 1100.00 dollars. I can't see that for a couple of plastic parts and can not find online can anyone help or ideas.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Doesn’t seem you can buy just the plastic bits.

I think my plan is to find a parts car and canabalize it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is you may have the same issue . The little plastic clip that snaps off then the lock slid falls apart again. With age comes being brittle

·
Registered
58 Posts
I may have to just make one out of aluminum at work
I wish I had the option. If you figure something out, let me know. I’d happily compensate.

I was thinking about maybe having my uncle try to emulate the pieces at his machine shop. It’s been a few months since I had the glass out and looked at it, but I think it might be a huge pain to get the bits out and in.

I also thought about trying to 3D print them. But that doesn’t seem like the easiest solution having to come up with dimensions etc.

I have also played around with coming up with a system of kind of spring loaded pins and totally removing the glass...Not my ideal solution, but better than never opening it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not hard to take out the glass and 3d printing one of my friends at work does that and he can take a pic of the part and scale it to the size and wall thickness . He has 3 3d printers a 50 watt co2 laser and a normal laser. Etching. So I may see what he can do for me since I got him started and help him along but he is busy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is not hard to take out the glass and 3d printing one of my friends at work does that and he can take a pic of the part and scale it to the size and wall thickness . He has 3 3d printers a 50 watt co2 laser and a normal laser. Etching. So I may see what he can do for me since I got him started and help him along but he is busy.
What I mean is, I think the plastic parts that pop the glass up and slide it along the track, if I recall correctly, looked to me like the tracks might need to come out to get the plastic parts out and back in. Which means pulling the headliner, drilling the rivets out etc etc etc.

BTW Thank you for the contact info.

I found some pics I took last fall while I had the glass out so I could look at them again for reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the first pic is the part I need where the plastic clip is broken . That piece does come out easy and that is the part I need.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have multiple broken pieces on both tracks

·
Registered
58 Posts
That really sucks . But they are plastic. I wish they were made better
I think in my case, the car was repainted a couple years ago and the painter removed the sun roof to mask/paint etc and when he put it back together, it wasn’t quite right and over time the pieces kept flexing and flexing until a few pieces broke.

I’ve found a couple other trim bits that weren’t quite right so I’ve chalked it all up to the painter lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree but still would be nice to have the sunroof working. It is stupid you can get other parts easy except for the minor stuff just like the clear spoiler 3rd brake light on the hatch back that cracks in the center. Very very hard to find. And the dealer wants 250.00 for it. I am not rich to spend that kind of money

1 - 13 of 13 Posts