Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
BLUE ECLIPSE GT
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Only Problem Ive Had With My Eclipse Is The Sunroof Somehow Knocked A Tube Out Of Place And When It Rained It Leaked Out The Front Little Airbag Thing On The Window. No Really . And Mits Replaced The Tube,airbag,side Plastic,and The Entire Carpet And Floormat Drivers Side . Has Anyone Had Such A Weird Problem.

·
Go Slow or Go Home
8,677 Posts
Yesterday mine leaked out of the side pillar air bag emblem and the switch, fucking pissed me off. I'll wait till it rains again to see if it leaks again, im hoping it was just a one time thing, maybe it didnt close right. Otherwise this bitch is heading to the stealership on my next day off.

·
BLUE ECLIPSE GT
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will leak again. u have to go to the dealership. otherwise next rain your carpet will be wett. its the tube inside the sunroof that came undone u have to get it fixed.

·
Go Slow or Go Home
8,677 Posts
it will leak again. u have to go to the dealership. otherwise next rain your carpet will be wett. its the tube inside the sunroof that came undone u have to get it fixed.
Just sat through Tropical Storm Fay and no leaks, it must have just closed funny.

·
Go Slow or Go Home
8,677 Posts
mine is leaking!!! right where the air bag emblem is on the drivers side pilar!!

sux!!
The last time u had your sunroof open, did u just have it tilted? or did you have it opened all the way? I find mine doesnt seem to close tight enough when you close it from the tilt position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
it closes fine..but when it rains i get an annoying drip and this drives me crazy!!! i thought it was from my windshield being cracked but from reading things from here i guess it has something to do with the sunroof knocking a tube outta place???

·
Registered
122 Posts
i had this happen. mine leaked through the sunroof switches.. i took it to the dealer and they just told me they saw no problem.. they ran a air hose through the tube to make sure it was clear and nothing jamming it..
they did it for free but said next time they will charge me for that, because that issue is not under warranty:/ but it has been fine since.

·
Registered
168 Posts
not under warranty, thats such bullshit. same thing happened to mine, they reattached the tube, sealed everything, then ran water over it for 30 mins to test it. All under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so i woke up this morning and was ready to go to work and it appears my roof has leaked as well, i was pissed as fuck... i think maybe its the tube everyones talking about on here. It seems to be leaking where the switch it.

It didn't even rain that much but it was SOAKED and my gear shift boot was FULL of water...

meh...

if this isn't covered I'm dumping the thing

·
The dick of JUSTICE
3,087 Posts
This problem should be 100% covered under warranty the first, second, third and 50th time you take it to them within the first 5 years of your bumper-to-bumper. There are no "sunroof mods" that I know of that would give them an excuse otherwise.

Need information about your Mitsubishi vehicle?
For questions regarding your Mitsubishi vehicle, please contact Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. at 1-888-MITSU2008. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT), but feel free to use the automated phone system, which is available 24/7.To better serve you, please have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available when you call. Your VIN can be found on your Roadside Assistance cards, on the dash near the bottom of the windshield on the driver's side of the car, or you can find it on your registration or insurance information.

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
well my convertible during Hurricane weather will leak a very small amount at the drivers door... but hey its cool (i have a feeling most would :D )

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah im at the dealer now, on my laptop, in the waiting room. They say they thuroughly tested it and it will be out in a minute and that they didn't see that the tube came disconnected...

Be carefull what you say around these fuckers there like "do you take it to the car wash?"
then if you say yes they won't cover it if its a problem, they SAY thats per the factory which i dont buy AT ALL. not my problem anyways i have a friend hand detail it every other week...

·
EuroClipse
336 Posts
Alright 4G'ers, here is my situation. I noticed some leaking today during some rain we got. I saw a water circle surrounding my sunroof switch and it felt damp as well. I re-opened the sunroof and closed it and when I went back to check later it appeared to have solved the problem, at least temp. My concern is that I am in Germany and They don't sell the 4G here, not mention that I heard the warranty is void if the car is taken outside the U.S. I am not sure if anyone can confirm this but I will be taking my car back to the states in early January when I get stationed in Texas. Does anyone know what to do in the event that I can't get Mitsu to fix it here in Germany? I wouldn't mind trying a DIY thing if anyone can suggest something to me. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine just started this!! HELP what do I do

i had this happen. mine leaked through the sunroof switches.. i took it to the dealer and they just told me they saw no problem.. they ran a air hose through the tube to make sure it was clear and nothing jamming it..
they did it for free but said next time they will charge me for that, because that issue is not under warranty:/ but it has been fine since.

How did this end up getting fixed? I bought a brand new 2007 off of the show room floor about 5 months ago, it had never been owned before me and now its leaking. It is under warrenty, but sometimes dealerships have no clue so I would like to have another option to tell them if they cant figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i woke up this morning and was ready to go to work and it appears my roof has leaked as well, i was pissed as fuck... i think maybe its the tube everyones talking about on here. It seems to be leaking where the switch it.

It didn't even rain that much but it was SOAKED and my gear shift boot was FULL of water...

meh...

if this isn't covered I'm dumping the thing
Hey, did you ever get this figured out? Mine just started to do this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts