Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the TB Bypass, everyone seems to be taking off the TB then reconnecting the two hoses with the barb, but do you have to take off the TB? I think I can just fit my hands under there and take off the hoses and reconnect them under the intake. Is that fine? or is there a reason for taking off the throttle body?

Thank you in advance!:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses! Gonna go out and get it done before the sun goes down

·
"Uncle" Clayton
6,504 Posts
So let me ask did you read the tutorial? Because iam pretty sure ot says you can leave it in place or remove it .........

·
"Uncle" Clayton
6,504 Posts
And people wonder why the search function sucks because you search TB Bypass you hit 70 bullshit threads before finding anything with usefullness. Failure to search hurts future generations

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
And people wonder why the search function sucks because you search TB Bypass you hit 70 bullshit threads before finding anything with usefullness.
+1

I search quite offten and unless you know the exact title or the abreviations uses you can go through 100 thread and still not find good info.

But it is a start and all newbys should pratice using it :D

Sent from anywhere using Tapatalk :)

·
Premium Member
14,209 Posts
chaos i <3 you no bromo

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I did search it up and did read your tutorial about 4 times and you did indeed say to take off the intake but for the taking off TB part it got a bit hazy, I can see that you implied a little bit that it was optional now... but just didn't wanna do some extra work oh and I found it through jhun's upgrade thread and he took the TB off too.. so sorry wasting space

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Heck you can use one of the factory hoses and not even cut or modify it....just loop it into the tb. I took the longest hose and looped it back into the cooling system and then the shortest hose and just looped it from the tb-tb.

·
Hard Core 4ger
11,973 Posts
Heck you can use one of the factory hoses and not even cut or modify it....just loop it into the tb. I took the longest hose and looped it back into the cooling system and then the shortest hose and just looped it from the tb-tb.
damn, you gotta brain on you, boy. I think I did mine the very hardest and most time consuming way - caused me all kinds of grief if I remember right. but that's about par for me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i just did this today and I have no clue what im doing but i guess i did it right. I didnt take anything off i just squeezed my hands through and worked in that confined area, which I might add is really stupid. I can hold a football almost more than half way around.

I didnt see very much help in the tutorial other than where to find the hoses and which ones to connect. is anti freeze supposed to shoot out when you pull the line off the back end ? or did i royally screw this seemingly simple mod up?

·
Turbo GS
1,409 Posts
Yes you will get coolant spilling about. That what's cooling/warming the TB.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Okay thanks. It seemed strange cause it just sprayed. Then my cai seemed really hot afterwards the first start up but now an hour long ride dogging it between 80 and 100 to work seems just semi warm.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quick Question . I been reading a lot of thread but still confuse aliitle bit please explain wat it gonna do when u bypass it .. be nice if I got help .. .. cuz I want to replace TB on my GS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts