Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings again (2008 GT)

I have been having another problem with my car

It seems every time the engine heats up, the TCL and Slide warning light will come on my dash. For example, yesterday where I live it was 25 degrees F outside and I had to drive about 50 miles home, After about 30-40 miles the lights came on and stayed on until I got back in my car hours later when it was cool again. Same thing happened on the drive back, 30-40 miles and the lights came on again.

I mention the temperature because the other day it was around 65 degrees F outside and the lights came on much sooner it seemed (probably 5-10 miles of driving, compared to 30-40)

Im wondering if possibly I have a faulty connection or something, still trying to think why the heat could possibly cause this, or if it is just a mere coincidence.

I apologize for the new thread, I looked this up and the other thread I found discussed these lights staying on all the time after a hard braking situation, which to me indicated something was knocked loose or broken. I believe my case is different because it only comes on it seems when the engine heats to operating temp.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Where would I even look to find a sensor or connection for these lights? Any help appreciated ! :wallbash:

·
Registered
451 Posts
the same damn thing happens to my car. I drive for about 10 miles and the light comes on and stays on. Ever sense I bought the car it has done it (even prior to any mods) I prefer to drive with traction control off but when my light comes on the power doesn't feel the same as me manually turning off the TCL. If anyone else experiences this please chime in.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
What I do know is this is due to either an electrical problem or faulty ECU reset. The latter I know only because it happened to me. What I'm not sure is where such electrical problem is. I'm not sure if doing an ECU reset will help, but I guess it couldn't hurt. Check your fuses, the usual stuff. Do you have LED head/tail lights?

Sorry I'm probably not of much help!

·
Registered
451 Posts
My MAF is clean and fine. I do have LED specD tail lights but this problem arose before I installed the tail lights. Plus I have equalizers hooked up to them. I do have bad fuel economy but thats just cause I drive like shit. I already have disconnected the battery several time but that doesn't help at all. I was thinking for awhile that it might be my tpms system cause it just keeps blinking and then my tcl light turns on. I check my tire pressure once a week when I wash the car. I will go over all my fuses again but I cant figure out this problem.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Easy thing to try, ECU reset. But, gonna throw it out there, but how are your MAF sensors? Is your fuel economy shit too?
Don't we have self cleaning MAF sensors? I remember reading something that Stayer touched about. And how we shouldn't use any cleaning spray on it or else well just damage the sensor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for bringing up this thread again. I'm once more trying to tackle the task of figuring out this stupid ASC light. Every time I drive I get the light. I just ran my OBD2 scanner on it and I'm getting codes p0137 and p0157. Just to recap:

I've had this problem sense I bought my car (used without any mods) and while driving after about 10 miles the little light indicator with the swerving car illuminates as well as the ASC light. I have not had any check engine lights come on EVER. I do have LED tail lights but I have installed load equalizers.

Has anyone else running into my issue?

I've read that guys on here say it's cause we're running L spacers on our RRE headers so they drill out the spacer slightly more to allow for more heat to reach the sensor. But once again! I don't have any check engine lights. Just my stupid ASC light! What's causing this

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ours did the same thing about two weeks after buying it. The lights would come on randomly until you shut it off. Eventually it's gotten to the point where they are on all the time now but ours is caused from a bad ABS sensor. I should mention the ABS light comes on too. I didn't see any mention of that from anyone else with the same problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would maybe check your grounding points in your engine. My active skid control light is on at the moment because the bolt for grounding point 11 got messed up when I removed my CAI a few days ago. Also, if you have REALLY bad fuel economy you could also check all along your air intake, as in the manifold as well. If you have an air leak there it could cause this too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 mitsubishi eclipse and lastnight while driving my slide sensor light and my tcl off light came on. When they turned on my car began to bog quite noticeably and each time the rpms dip with each bog the engine slightly loses acceleration power. I read on another form it might have to do with an o2 sensor but can no longer find that form. Since those light came on my car does have a noticeable smell to it any time I accelerate.

·
2,137 Posts
I have a 2006 mitsubishi eclipse and lastnight while driving my slide sensor light and my tcl off light came on. When they turned on my car began to bog quite noticeably and each time the rpms dip with each bog the engine slightly loses acceleration power. I read on another form it might have to do with an o2 sensor but can no longer find that form. Since those light came on my car does have a noticeable smell to it any time I accelerate.
Code scan all systems is the only way to know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts