Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Is there any way that I could keep my header and buy a cat and pass emissions? I'd rather not go with the spacers and just have a cat to where I can pass

·
Registered
929 Posts
Does anyone know the length of te run of exhaust from the flange to the end of the resonator?
Looking for tips on how much piping to use. I want to have them removed. Both the cat and the resonator.

·
All go and no show
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
VIP does for $11.99. 2.5 ID is what I meant. I found a shop to do it too, after about 7 shops declining me saying they won't remove it unless I have one to replace it with.

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
dam this was like one of the first threads i ever looked at on this site lol

·
♠
1,168 Posts
Bank2 sensor2 location? On my phone right now trying to install these spacers. Stupid VA safety inspection won't pass with CEL's.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I thought so. I read a bunch of posts saying it wasn't. Wanted to make sure. I am having te main cat deleted tomorrow and I wanted to leave the resonator in as long as it didn't restrict much flow. Should pair up nice with the gutted precats I plan to do next month.
Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
old thread i know lol, but the recent activity has got me looking at it again and made me notice something that is related to an old question i had which I could never dig up an answer through searching, a few people had guesses but never a solid answer from what i remember but.....

since there is no flange for a cat-back, it would make sense to me that a GT cat-back would would install similar to the GS cat-back on a GS. Im asking this because the price for the megan racing cat-back is closer to what i want to spend compared to the magnaflow. any insight is welcome and correct me if my thinking is wrong

·
Use it or loose it
844 Posts
old thread i know lol, but the recent activity has got me looking at it again and made me notice something that is related to an old question i had which I could never dig up an answer through searching, a few people had guesses but never a solid answer from what i remember but.....

since there is no flange for a cat-back, it would make sense to me that a GT cat-back would would install similar to the GS cat-back on a GS. Im asking this because the price for the megan racing cat-back is closer to what i want to spend compared to the magnaflow. any insight is welcome and correct me if my thinking is wrong
Is Megan the gt,and magnaflow the gs? Are you wanting to put a gt exhaust on a gs? And are you saying the gt exhaust is cheaper? :confused: don't really know the question your asking,but if it helps,just look at the piping diameter. You would have to get an adapter pipe to transition into the bigger exhaust. Not to mention the gs is exhaust is probably routed differently than the gt. I could be wrong though. If that's what your asking. Sometimes it's not better to go bigger with your piping,unless you got plans for the car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is Megan the gt,and magnaflow the gs? Are you wanting to put a gt exhaust on a gs? And are you saying the gt exhaust is cheaper? :confused: don't really know the question your asking,but if it helps,just look at the piping diameter. You would have to get an adapter pipe to transition into the bigger exhaust. Not to mention the gs is exhaust is probably routed differently than the gt. I could be wrong though. If that's what your asking. Sometimes it's not better to go bigger with your piping,unless you got plans for the car.
Yes the megan racing is for the GT and the magnaflow is for the GS. The megan racing is roughly $125 cheaper on ACI. Both piping diameters according to ACI are 2.5in (wouldnt even think about going bigger than that on a GS) with the magnaflow (GS) having a 4 inch tip and the megan racing (GT) having a 3 inch tip. OEM wise i dont think the GS and GT exhaust differ in routing, unless they just use the same diagram on the mitsu OEM part sites, but that is something i actually didnt think of. Im just looking to see if they install interchangeably, which id imagine since its a use of a clamp because of the missing flange. thanks for the input :bigthumb:

·
No Worries
3,881 Posts
ur honestly better off buying a nice muffler and tip and go to an exhaust shop...it will b ridiculously cheaper in the end I promise...unless ur doing it strictly for the stainless steel...in that case nobody will ever see it unless ur car barrel rolls...and if that is the case the last thing I would do is comment on ur shiny piping...juss my 2 cents

·
Registered
250 Posts
barrel rolls sound fun and all haha but yeah im just looking for the best approach for a college kid budget lol. the whole plan is to just do the common bolt ons and whatever smaller things that i can find to make it somewhat "quick", nothing big.

on the whole exhaust shop thing are you just suggesting buying a muffler and calling it a day or getting a nice muffler from somewhere and taking it to the exhaust shop to finish it off into a cat-back with whatever piping they have in the size I want?

My one buddy suggested taking it to an exhaust shop and hacking off the clunky stock muffler where the gasses circulate and have them just straight thru pipe that small section and slap a muffler on it for some sound, not sure how much benefits id find there.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts