Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah, but how do I know if I don't try it? Jezza is running 14psi on stock guts, he is a little lower compression but e85 is like running race gas all the time. So it kinda would balance
true on the gas. however, jezza has forged pistons. he was running 8 lbs on his stock ones and blew one out, so he had to go forged (its in his "new members" thread)

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Dyno'd today. Pretty happy with it. Ended with 338whp(337.9)/311tq @ 4psi. Tuned a little rich just to stay safe. Coulda eeked out another 10whp with a bit more aggressive tune. It is a Mustang type dyno, so if you want to add about 12-15% and get a rough estimate what it would do on a Dynojet.

So, compared to my naturally aspirated runs, it's +54whp and +50tq (+-) gains. not bad for 4psi. once my heads get here, bumping up to 7-8psi, re-dyno and then likely converting to E85, putting in cams and run 10-12psi and see how far I can push the stock internals. gonna shoot for 450whp+ on stock pistons/rods. Just to shut people up.

Will say that I broke some STI owners hearts at the shop. They get excited about 300whp on this dyno.

Naturally aspirated.

4psi Twin Turbo on the same Mustang Dyno. (still running a little rich to be safe)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Nice very nice I hope to get close to that on a conservative tune at my elevation when my project is complete

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, I left the AFR 10.9 at redline. Very conservative. once heads are done, I will get it about 12:1 for power pulls.

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sooooooo long time no update, just am excited enough to post up that my valves are finally here. Manly is the company that did them for us, build sheets are retained on file.

The valves are flat hats, 1mm oversized. This will give me a tad higher compression and flow bunches more air. Should give more power with less boost due to size and the upped compression.

I'm on iPad and can't post pictures right now. Sorry guys.

BUT! After thanksgiving, the heads will be all together and I will get them on the car, turn the boost up and get the bitch going strong. Hopefully I can get it to 8psi safe and reliable like.

At the 13.4whp per psi that I picked up on the original dyno @ 4psi, that should put me up to nearly 400whp. In theory at least.

See you guys soon!

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Change 392, version 4.

After the many asspains and what I feel a 'thrown tpgether' look; I have decided to get rid of the twin turbo and rebuild into a big single turbo.

Initial plans are complete for design and purchase of parts. Looking at te comp turbo, oiless turbo or a pte conventional ball bearing. .70 a/r running low boost still but capable of 100lbs per minute flow so I still push enough air to keep low boost.

Anyhow, miss you guys, just busy with life these last couple years.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Change 392, version 4.

After the many asspains and what I feel a 'thrown tpgether' look; I have decided to get rid of the twin turbo and rebuild into a big single turbo.

Initial plans are complete for design and purchase of parts. Looking at te comp turbo, oiless turbo or a pte conventional ball bearing. .70 a/r running low boost still but capable of 100lbs per minute flow so I still push enough air to keep low boost.

Anyhow, miss you guys, just busy with life these last couple years.
Always nice to hear from you horse! You haven't missed much lol keep up the good work!

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So, I'm being moved to NC, nice and chill job for a couple years, hopefully I can be more active again.

·
The "Touring" Eclipse
1,698 Posts

·
The "Touring" Eclipse
1,698 Posts
yeah man back in april i checked in on your other post cuz I was talking to my buddy that you had twin turbo, but hadn't seen any updates for a while so I'm def in on this. Looking forward to hearing updates

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Oh man. Still like two hours from here, but you will be close to the beaches.
Yeah, kinda looking forward to the change.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts