Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

The first 3.7L MIVEC TT Stealth!!!!

11K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  wingo171 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, Well we finally got this thing on the dyno after ironing out all the details. The car made 622 AWHP @ 19psi on 93 pump with stock cams! When we tried to bring the car up past 20psi we ran into some missfires and took a break to check the front plugs. Everything looked fine except I could have gone a bit lower on the gap which would have probably cleared up the missfire for some more boost. We regaped the front plugs and were able to get on clean pull before the rear plugs started to miss and by then it was too late to pull the mani for the rear plugs. @ 20psi the car made 655 AWHP, and then we called it a day...

We are going to change the plugs and give it another go, we might get lucky and put down some higher boost numbers before we run out of ignition. Does anyone know what the output of the coils are as well as the stock dwell time?

Here are some vids and the dyno graphs!!!!! ENJOY...

YouTube - 622 AWHP STEALTH 93 pump dyno
YouTube - 655 AWHP STEALTH dyno

P.S. thanks Brian and Carl for all your help with the cams and the MIVEC questions. I will probably need a set of cams to optimize this set up so i'll be giving you a call soon Carl, just want to see what is the max we can get out of the stockers before i change over...

See less See more
#3 ·
im sure you know a lot more about all this turbo stuff than i do.. since ive never had a car with one. but i do know someone with a twin turbo vr4 3000gt pushing 900hp to the wheels.. so what have you not done to be hitting at least that with a 3.7L?
i think the 3kgt only has a 3L
no disrespect, im just wondering why the bigger engine isnt putting out a lot more power.

#8 ·
Your probably taking about Ray Pampena? He is the guy who tuned the car on these runs...Well, with this new set up it is going to be interesteing to see what the final results are. Right now the only things that would hold this car back from those high AWHP numbers are cams and ignition, which are both stock on my car...

#10 ·
so far 540@19psi and 552 @20 which is pretty good..Keep in mind that these are some huge turbo's so we really wont see the effect until we crank up the boost....Just the fact that i can spool these turbos at around 5400-5700 full boost is sick...

#13 ·
Where did all this originate from?Where did you get the motor out of, is it dohc or sohc I'm not on the forums as much as I would like to be did i miss the start of this somewhere?

#15 ·
My thing is why didn't u just stroke the 3.0 to the 3.5 I heard about? And just go with the TD05 TT setup? About the same power I would guess and ALOT less work. But if u wanted to be the first at something and wanted a play thing then u did it and it is badass.

#21 ·
congrats, im glad it worked well.

im hoping i can get decent numbers on mine.

#24 ·
Absolutely awesome car...
This will definitely turn some heads on the road.
As if the car didn't look hot enough as is...lol

#38 ·
sweet as hell great job

#40 ·
This thread makes me both very happy... and very sad :happysad: Congrats man! I'm jealous. Truly. In a brotherly kinda way :)

Merkel still has my full shortblock. On hold. 'Til further notice :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.