Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 06 gt and its pretty mean. Has a cold air kit and the previous owner deleted the muffler so its loud as he'll and it annoys my neighbors. Just looking for power tips and general suggestions

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi! Welcome to Club4g. Nice gt you have there, if you wanna mod it, i recommend getting stuff for your suspension and brakes before modding the engine, so the power that you will get eventually will feel more satisfying as your car can handle it perfectly. (imo)

to start off, heres the modding guide to the gt:

thank you for joining, and best of luck

·
Basically Stock
5,671 Posts
Welcome to the club. A standard set of healthy pads and rotors is plenty for anything a GT is realistically doing not at a racing circuit.

The maintenance is what you should be aware of. The engine is an interference motor, and as such, if your timing belt skips or snaps, your motor is dead, or if you're lucky you just need to rebuild two heads. If you've got no record on it having been changed recently, change it as one of your first maintenance items. It should be on its third belt by next year if all maintenance was completed on time. (06-2012, 2012-2021 on the new belt)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts