Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
63K views 473 replies 105 participants last post by  Sabertooth^2 
#1 ·

Tearstone Performance said:
At this year's 2008 Detroit Auto Show, Mitsubishi premiers it's "Concept-RA". Essentially this sporty coupe concept touts being environmentally friendly with a new high output, clean diesel engine. Mitsubishi also hopes to appeal to enthusiast buyers as well with the S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) and Twin Clutch SST automated transmission found in the new Evolution X which was released in Japan on October 1st.
Read More: Mitsubishi Concept-RA

See less See more
#4 ·
You mean the redesigned eclipse lol. You take a good look at the car yet. It honeslty looks exactly like a 4g only stretched out. From the very front end to the back end oem spoiler. It really is remarkably close.

It looks nice though, and if they offer it here and maybe something other then the 202 hp its putting down now(not to say I couldnt have some fun with that diesel). I might have to consider a trade

peace

#7 ·
Hmmm :hmm:

#8 ·

Damnit... I can't ever catch a break :squint:

Jarred? You see this?

#12 ·
yeah i do... man i Flipping :wub: this concept... :drool: but to bad it won't look anything like it... :sad:

man i love the entire front... :agreed: when i scrolled down to the large shots my :jawdrop:... im sorry guys if this actually came out... really close to this... i would be a RA owner :dunno:

#14 ·
Mitsubishi shocked me, I didn't think anything they made could look better than the 4G. As I posted on the other forum, if this thing is less than 3300lbs, aluminum V6, 320hp and RWD, I'd buy it quick. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

#16 ·
Even if it's a 400hp turbo-diesel fueled by used vegetable oil, I'll still buy it :biggrin:

#18 ·
zOmg man... Looking at it again I'm coming up with so many revised ideas! This is gonna be nuts!

#21 ·
:lol: There are some folks who are going to NAIAS Detroit... hope they take a HELLuvva lotta pics of the actual car. Coz that shit's HAWTT! :wub:

Actually, the rear lights also gave me another idea. That would totally look hot too :naughty: I wonder how crazy this idea could be... hmmmm....

#23 ·
:agreed: 10,000%

#425 ·
2008 detroit auto show: good chance it's going to be a 5g eclipse

Again... GROAN. This auto show is coming up next week. I wonder what they say about it now...
Sneak peek: AutoSpies - Chicago Auto Show Preview - Detroit Auto Show, New York Auto Show, Las Vegas SEMA Auto Shows

I really wish that this car would have made it into existence. Seeing as how it was a 2008 concept it never will, but man, Mitsubishi seems to nail a good one every now and then with a concept car, but then never produce. What a beast this proposed "5th G" this would have been!

And yes, I know, holy thread revival batman! I googled 5th Gen Eclipse hoping that Mitsu would have us on the short list for a revival, but this is what came up. I then proceeded to search the forums before creating a whole new thread. :bigthumb:

#27 ·
it looks like a cross between the new evo and a 4G

#28 · (Edited)
56k go home to momma.

Sexxay :naughty:

Love the roofline :wub:

Finally... tail lights done right.

Mmmm... nice matchbox!

Not happening.

Beam me up, Scottyballs...

SST? Dude... The SST was like a decade-ago concept! :twitch: Howzabout "VR-4", eh? :idea:

Yessir. Finally they understand the meaning of "wide stance"

#29 ·
Not that this is going to really be anything spectacular as suicide doors and that truck interior with an integrated Mr. Sulu blowup doll in the passenger seat... but I say they bring back the VR-4.

Fuck... bring the Legnum to the States. I don't care. Just bring AWD, 4-wheel steering back! :scream:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.