Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lexicom 
#1 · (Edited)
I was thinking about wrapping my whole spoiler/brake light in a matte black vinyl instead of using plasti dip or VHT night shades. I heard from a buddy that VHT fades in sunlight, and when you stay in texas you bathe in it. What do you guys think? Should I just wrap it, or just paint it.

(Inb4 someone says get a spoiler cover from AutoCityImports)

#2 ·
A lot of times painting it with that VHT looks tacky, it's also a large area to cover aka more room for it to mess up somewhere.

Wrapping it I'm not sure if the brake light would still be visible through the vinyl. You can put a piece up to it & press the brake I guess lol.
Unless you're cutting out the shape of the brake light or disable it.

#4 ·
My friend did it to his 09 Eclipse he had a banana yellow eclipse and wrapped the third brake light and the center piece of the trunk lid in carbon fiber wrap and honestly it looks amazing.

it honestly all depends on your car's style and what you are trying to achieve look wise.

#5 ·
my advice is to stay the hell away from vht nite shades it looks like shit and you'll really regret it if you ever wanna take it off, I would definitely suggest vinyl wrapping or plasti dip, although vinyl looks the best imo. if you're gonna go with carbon fiber vinyl wrap go with 3M di-noc carbon fiber vinyl wrap, looks just about as good as the real deal next to my cf spoiler, and it holds up really well :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.