Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I know my way around the Mitsubishi eclipse GT quite well Ive owned it originally since 2007. It is the Mitsubishi eclipse 2007 spyder GT. To avoid dragging you threw a long story I'll give you the gist. Kind of ironic but I had a dealership change out an entire brand new dashboard a couple weeks ago. Yes I had Safelite Autoglass break my dash while installing a new windshield.... and it wasn't repairable. So they were great and honest to deal with and paid for a new dash to be installed at my local dealership. A very long story short but the dealership did a lot of damage inside my car. Most of which they repaired almost everything they damaged in the end. They had actually put a hole in my steering wheel and a dent but they had a vinyl guy touch it up, ( but you can still see the damage or indentations). The biggest problem since they changed the dash is that the little red light on the dashboard in front of the driver steering wheel by the windshield no longer flashes when I set the alarm. It worked perfectly until they fixed my car. Here's the problem does anybody know what part number this is? I believe it's an LED light but it looks like it's on a little circuit board. The dealership can't find anything on it I've called three other dealerships that can't find anything on it. It's almost like this part doesn't exist to Mitsubishi. So strange that we can't find anything on it. Of course the dealership is basically trying to throw me out the door without fixing it and I'm total denial. Any knowledge any input that anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated !!!!!! Thank you for your time Geo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Step 1: Is it plugged in?

Step 2: See if the wire has any signal going to it

Step 3: ?

Wish I could offer more help, but all I've ever done is unplug mine while taking out the dash and then plugged it back in
I wish I could answer that question. I left the car there.... I refused to take it home. They called me a few hours later and said it is a $27 bulb however I'm not buying that..... considering they originally left it hanging by my fuse box. That's right guys, they literally forgot to put it back up into the dash where it goes and instead of pulling the dash back out once the noticed they did this, he hid the thing by my fuse box!! So when I looked at my fuses last week I seen it hanging there and it looked like a little green computer chip with a tiny red LED bulb on it. It even took me a moment to figure out what the heck it was.....but once I realized by locking my door and setting the alarm it started flashing in my fingers. I was extremely aggravated!!! So I took it back to them and long story short they said they were able to get it back into its original spot by feeding a string down and pulling it up to the top. But now it doesn't work after this and they are claiming it is a bulb?? But yet don't know the part number?? I have a feeling they are scratching their heads and truely don't know what they did so the easiest answer is saying it's a Bulb that they no longer can get! Frustrated. Geo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts