Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I look stock...
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying the gt throttlebody and have decided to get the spacer also rather than grinding the shit out of it to fit. i have already read through all 11 pages of the swap thread but didnt really see my answer. with the gt throttle body on my gs, do i want a spacer for a gt or for a gs? ill be getting the one from outlaw

·
Love My Truck
3,843 Posts
im buying the gt throttlebody and have decided to get the spacer also rather than grinding the shit out of it to fit. i have already read through all 11 pages of the swap thread but didnt really see my answer. with the gt throttle body on my gs, do i want a spacer for a gt or for a gs? ill be getting the one from outlaw
grinding the shit out of it ? you only have to dremel the lower left leg bro.about 2 minutes worth.the only reason why is so that it will clear the egr.get the spacer if ya want to,but there isnt a need for it for the swap.

·
I look stock...
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ordered the throttle body today from that online junkyard site. 120 shipped. its from an 06 galant with 20,000 miles.

·
Love My Truck
3,843 Posts
ordered the throttle body today from that online junkyard site. 120 shipped. its from an 06 galant with 20,000 miles.
you should be good,i bought mine used with only a couple of grand miles on it.congrats :bigthumb:

·
I look stock...
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! i think i will grind it first that way i can have it on till the spacer gets here. havent ordered that yet and i know i will be anxious. thanks for the heads up too

·
Registered
681 Posts
and this part allows u to safely use gt's exhausts?

·
I look stock...
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no..has nothing to do with the exhaust except allowing more air through. it attaches to the upper end of your intake and to your intake manifold. and no you dont need a gt intake after this either

Reactions: 229boss

·
Registered
681 Posts
oh ok thanks

·
a=dv/dt
5,606 Posts
rpw and outlaw are the companies that sell the spacers. check the 11 page thread about the swap, to see the differences.

·
Praise The Lowered
65 Posts
What about adding a helix in the mix? like stacking thermal spacer and helix spacer between the intake manifold and (v6)throttle body? what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
My gt tb fit perfect didnt have to grind anything

1 - 17 of 17 Posts