Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here but have had the car for a bit now. I don't have a shop manual but thought I would ask here about the timing belt. Is there a service interval to changing the belt, my car has about 60K on it now so don't want to grenade the engine! Actually, I don't even know if it's an interference engine but assume it is.
Also, I have an auto tranny and wonder how often I should change the fluid/filter?
Thanks in advance from a newbie!

·
Gamer
6,896 Posts
New to the forum here but have had the car for a bit now. I don't have a shop manual but thought I would ask here about the timing belt. Is there a service interval to changing the belt, my car has about 60K on it now so don't want to grenade the engine! Actually, I don't even know if it's an interference engine but assume it is.
Also, I have an auto tranny and wonder how often I should change the fluid/filter?
Thanks in advance from a newbie!
Welcome to the club,
Just make sure you use the search button on the top of the screen, or browse the forums before starting new posts. Just a heads up

And yes, you will wanna do a timing belt change soon, 60,000 miles is the mark for are cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts