Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an old school shade tree mechanic who hasn't turned a wrench in a long time. I'm starting to mod the '08 GT I've had for 3 years already and I could use some advice from other gearheads about what mods I should address first. I'm looking to build for performance before hanging any decorations on it, if any.

High on my list is an LSD conversion kit. I'm hoping you folks can share your experiences regarding the kits used if allowed and tips on the process. I'm probably going to have my trusted mechanic do the work, I'm just interested in knowing if it's worth it and get an idea of what it might cost.

BTW, does anyone know of a reputable speed shop in the northeast United States? Preferably in ME or southern NH.

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
The LSD is a good go for straight line traction, and leaving corners, if you can get your hands on one. It won't do any favours for peak cornering, as is the nature of an LSD on the front wheels on any car, but overall I'd consider it nicer than the open dif for all but a circuit car

The basic GT build is RRE headers, Fastworks tune, a cold air intake (all but Weapon R are a good go), and a 2.75" exhaust. On the GT, it's about 280whp manual, 270whp auto. That's about 40whp over stock. With an LSD 13 second 1/4 mile passes shouldn't be hard. More important though than peak power gains is the power along the curve.

My favourite from that list is the tune. It'll wake up the car, and help fuel economy

As for speed shops... I don't know of any around you, but I'm a dealer. Unfortunately I don't get things like cold air intakes. However if you're into fabrication and want to go wild, I get a lot of parts ready to go that direction

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice!

You've provided quite useful info. Thanks! My specs show the stock output of [email protected] of torque but that is at the crank, I believe. I suspect you are telling me the hp gain at the wheels, correct? You wouldn't happen to know the whp of a fully stock GT V6?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts