Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a trans mount for a 3,8L 6 speed for sale? I have the energy suspension poly bushings but when I installed it, I followed the directions not realizing the directions are for the 3g cuz it also works with the 4g 3.8 6 speed only from Auto city imports so I removed the bushing and the small outer ring as well when it needs the outer ring, you only remove the outer ring for the motor mounts, not trans. If you do its too loose so this should also be posted in another part of the forum so no one makes the same mistake. it's the one with 3 mounting points, in a triangle formation
There is one more mounting point on the other side of the pic

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,955 Posts
An option for you would be to snag a tube of urethane, smear it around the bushing, then mount it again once cured and it sits solid.

I know urethane from a caulking style tube works great, because I make motor mount bushings out of it directly (it makes for super cheap and stiff bushings)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone have a trans mount for a 3,8L 6 speed for sale? I have the energy suspension poly bushings but when I installed it, I followed the directions not realizing the directions are for the 3g cuz it also works with the 4g 3.8 6 speed only from Auto city imports so I removed the bushing and the small outer ring as well when it needs the outer ring, you only remove the outer ring for the motor mounts, not trans. If you do its too loose so this should also be posted in another part of the forum so no one makes the same mistake. it's the one with 3 mounting points, in a triangle formation
Check Rockauto.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check Rockauto.com
I went to pick your part junkyard and pulled one out of an automatic, cut the mount and broke it with my hydraulic press and got the ring out and pressed it into my mount off my 6 speed trans and now it works perfect, no more drivetrain noise. Just got it done last night so unless this thread will help someone else not make the same mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts