Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this has been posted about before, and I found a post with a similar issue saying it was their shifter cable, but I came home from college the other day and went to start my 2012 Spyder GS Sport, service engine light comes on and it didn’t show the gear at all on the dash. Thought it was odd but I let it warm up and shifted it in reverse to see if anything happened, shifts (really reluctantly) but it doesn’t register anywhere, no reverse lights, nothing on the dash. When it’s in what should be drive, nothing on the speedometer. I drove it to the mechanic today and it sounded pretty rough, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. Is this going to be a whole new transmission or is it probably something smaller? Since I’ve been at school the car has been sitting quite a bit other than my dad occasionally driving it to work. Also the car has around 120,000 miles on it.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,658 Posts
That does sound like stuff that a bad shift cable on the auto will do, but so could other things. You could manually actuate the trans into the different positions (under the airbox) and see what happens to see if it's the cable. Otherwise, theres a few others that come to mind like grounding issues, improper voltage or AC current, or ghosts (it is October after all)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts