Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an automatic 09 GS 2.4L @ 94k miles, and after putting a few hundred miles on it, the trans. started acting up. I'd be driving normally and the D on my gear display would disappear, and when I went to shift into something else, it wouldn't catch except for park. After letting it cool down and restarting it, it worked fine but would happen again after heating up. Since I didn't have money to take it to a Mitsu. dealership I just kept driving it since I was still able to get from point A-B. Then after about 700-1000 mi the problem just stopped, so I thought nothing of it. However the problem is back, but this time only reverse will catch after it driving some distance. Does anyone know what this could be caused by? The trans levels are good and the fluid seems pretty clean. I am taking it in tomorrow to get looked at, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
2,510 Posts
It doesn’t flash it just disappears altogether while driving? And stays that way until you shut it off?

gotta say that’s a new one for me
Sounds like a bad connection or ground

I’d like for you to get a scan tool that can pull transmission module codes, Autel DiagLink can

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
124 Posts
That's definitely a new one lol I agree with pcfreak. Try scanning it. Sounds like a weird electrical issue. Any other symptoms besides that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts